PDA

View Full Version : East carson sunday Nov 4th

Trout Chick
11-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Hey Peeps
It was a wonderful day! It was warm and the tree's were beautiful.
I caught many mnay fish with nothing under 14 inches. Some real nice 3-4 pounders! Lost a few that had to be in the 6-7 range. All fish were C & R with the exception of this one in the picture. He was a bit beat up and I decided to bring it home. I must have caught at least 20 fish today.....
Sorry I didn't take a lot of pics of evrything but did manage to have this one photo taken....enjoy
TChttp://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Steener_421/DSC_9143C.jpg

CAL.NDN
11-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Nice job u shure know how to lay into some nice fish....

Marv
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Nice job, there were some nice fish in there friday :cheesy:

Captain Compassion
11-05-2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/excel.jpg

Both forks of the Carson have been special. Only 10 days left in the season with a storm and cold weather comming in later this week. Might wander up there on Wednesday.:)

CC

hooks
11-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Awesome day out there!! Those are some healthy fish you released. Can tell you're a happy camper...errrr angler!!

Trout Chick
11-06-2012, 10:34 PM
All I can say is...it has been a great fishing season for me and I got a late start! On top of that I switched from spin casting to Fly Fishing...so I cannot complain!

CC.....I may be headed up tomorrow too! Maybe this time I will see you! lol

TC

hybrid90
11-07-2012, 08:22 AM
WOW that's an awesome catch Trout Chick! What did you use to catch them on? Rig and bait setup? Sorry.. very new to trout fishing so was just wondering.

insearchoffish
11-07-2012, 08:34 PM
If your only going to have one pic that is a good one!!!! WAY TO SLAY THE HOGS AGAIN! oops caps

Trout Chick
11-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Hybird...I am not sure if you are spin casting or fly fishing. I was fly fishing with a little bit of a "cheater" setup....lol
I went to the hole and tried many different fly patterns with no luck, as well as trying a fly with a live piece of worm on the second hook and salmon eggs...

I decicded to throw an orange power egg on. The top fly was a black wooly buggar and about 12-14 inches below was a small hook with an orange power egg on it. This particular hole is real deep so I had the strike indicator about 4 + feet from the egg....I had to play with the depth a bit and give the fly/egg combo some tempo while stripping the line in.
This same set up can be used on a spinning rod the only difference is you really cannot strip the line in and give the fly any action your sort of driffting only. Not to say that I don't let my line and fly drift sometimes with no action. It just depends on the water etc!
Hope that helps out.

Track Status
11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
That's a log, i mean hog!