PDA

View Full Version : A great day at Bodega

ric1ric
08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Well let me start out saying I got a ride on Jonny P's beautiful new ride, a 27' cabo cabin fishing machine. And one thing Jonny was most proud of, It had a plumbed in toilet!!
We (Rodney Dangerfish, Smeja, and myself) *headed to Bodega Sat. evening about 6PM, with the hopes of tring to crash and meet a few sniffers who we knew would be at Tomales or Bodega. Unfortunitely we stopped at the dive shop so Smeja could respool, well the guy that was working were either stoned or supid but it took him 40 mins to do. So we only got to crash one camp, fishenrick and his two boys and his brother( hope I got that right) . Nice meeting you guys and letting us drink your beer and eat your food. That sure was a cute Ranger that had to tell us to quite down. ;D Sorry Donzi you were on the list and really were looking forward to crashing yours to But we were afraid the gate would be closed and you were probally a sleep by then.

*About 11:30 or 12 Jonny rolled in so we headed or to meet him. He gave us the 50 cent tour nice boat, he is my new boat idol Sorry Donzi *( my old boat idol). We loaded up everything , rigged evrything, did everthing short of lanching. It still only 2 AM, so we all try to rest or catch a few zzz. But by 4:15 were all waiting on 4:30 our launh plan.
*As we start our run out we discover this perfect boats only flaw no wipers. After playing with all the bells and whistles on the way out, it start to lighten up. Our Capt. puts it plane, the ride north was abit rough. But nothing like I know it could have been in anything less than his boat.
*Once we hit THE SPOT you know the spot Smeja hooks up first, the Tom nails about 25" ling from then on we filled our limit out in no time, nothin large but nice. At times getting your line to bottom was impossable.
*We rolled in and were going to troll back, which we did for a while with no luck. We rolled them in and headed in in, but on the way in we see the birds working and area real hard *so drop um down and circle you know that one last try. As we circled I decided to throw a sabki rig on my ultra light, suddenly I feel like I have a *nice fish takes me 5 minutes to get a look at it. It's 4 mackrel on 4 lb test, to much fun. Were puling 3 rods so we just took turns handed off the other rod, 5 and 6 fish a cast. No salmon but we must have fished the boil for 1/2 hour. We did have two rods pop but no sticks. It was getting late so we headed in. We worked it out on the way in 2 guys wash out and get ship shape , and two clean fish. Jonny and I Cleaned her up , Tom and Justin filletted, Worked great Thank you Guys the fish look great and so does that boat.
*All I can say is Thank you so much Jonny, and what a great crew. Thank you Tom for driving I know that was a tough ride home. Nothing harder than driving home after a hard trip and having two people sleeping next to you. I had a wonderful day with good friends.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thank You
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Rick

sunracer1957
08-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Ric

A good time was had by all ;) ;)

Love Jonnys BIG boat and I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to head back down!!!!!! it was great to finaly meet Fishinrick and that boy cooks an awesome Tritip,, Oh and thanks for the end of the day beers there Rick they tasted VERY GOOD!!!!

Splitting up the duties paid off and cut our time in half at the launch..It just amazes me that a cooler of rock fish turns into 4 nice bags of fillets,, those fish are all belly and head !!!

We did touch bases with Donzi via phone and I'm not sure he knew it was us,,sounded like the Hornetos was alredy tapped!! he said they got some real nice Rocks and Lings. and I'm sure he'll post his results.

This trip just like most you end up meeting more guys you want to spend a day fishing with and Fishinrick was no exception great guy and just by talking to him he knows his stuff ;) pretty soon I'll have someone to fish with every day!!!

Again thankx Jonny you da mand and when we going again???

PS,, ric1ric, smeja great seeing and fishing with you guys...RD

Smeja
08-28-2006, 02:16 PM
pretty good summary guys.

thanks a bunch for having me along!!!! I cant wait to do it again!

Thanks tom for driving! i dont know how you did it on 10 minutes of sleep. and rick its always fun fishin with you.

I'll look forward to seeing you guys again

donzitroller
08-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good day of fishing! Very sweet for a first saltwater trip! Sorry we didn't get to hook up, you know the "Official" drink of TEAM PILE was in FULL effect! Is that a long ride up there? We had a "pretty good" day out there Saturday.. But since we were only in a 20' Alumaweld, we had to stick within a few miles of Tomales.. ;D

sunracer1957
08-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Hint Guys

I won a contest in Ohio for staying awake for 96 straight hours,, true story I have the news paper clippings from it,, got 4 grand for my efforts,, plus my truck has auto pilot from Bodega to my house!!!! ;)

fishenrick
08-28-2006, 09:17 PM
RD,ric1ric,smeja and johnnyp it was good to finally meet you guys,even though we got put in our place by this fine park ranger,man she was fine.
Glad you guys got some nice rock fish, I did everything possible to put a salmon in the boat but it was not going to happen, we did put some nice rock fish in on both days,lost a nice ling that was hitchhiking on a small blue.
Glad you enjoyed the tritip, thought it was pretty good myself, we will definitly have to hook up again soon.
Donzi I could tell you were having a good time when I was talking to you that night,good to hear you guys got some nice fish,those small halibut that we caught felt like huge fish,I can only imagine what the 17lber felt like. All and all a great weekend on the water.
Definitly a great bunch of guys here.

P.S.
Smega did you eat that mac yet, letme know if it was good or not.

fishenrick

209richie
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
MAN!!! I wish I could have gone with you guys im glad to hear you guys knock them out.Next time next time thats what I keep saying but then some thing has to come up

ric1ric
08-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Sorry you couldn't come we missed you out. We needed someone to chum. Ha HA ;D Maybe next time.

CORN
08-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a fun outing. Got pix? I'd love to see a picture of that boat too. Sounds like a cool ride.

ric1ric
08-29-2006, 07:05 PM
I think Jonny may have a few pics but I didn't get any sorry

keciga1
08-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Good to hear you guys had fun. Wish the weather would have been like that on Friday. Hopefully next time I'll join you guys.