PDA

View Full Version : Skunked at New Melones...how about Tulloch?

mryosemite
12-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Fished NM for the first time today, found some great coves (or at least one that had water coming into it), tried under the bridge, didn't catch jack squat. However, I only fished from about 1pm 'till dark....maybe it's the wrong time of day? Did see a couple boats fishing the same cove that I attacked, they seemed to be intent on fishing it, they were either seeing fish on their fish finders, or, the cove has produced for them in the past...but not today. Also encountered a local who seemed fond on the same spot...didn't see him catch anything either. Tried bait along with every castable lure, color, depth known to man. Never saw a single fish jump...much less a bite.

Long story short, might go fishing Tuesday on New Years day. Can't figure out if I should try NM again at the break of day....or....does anyone every go to Tulloch? I've never been there, nor do I ever see it discussed on the forums.

As always, i prefer to fish away from the crowds. I'm also up for a good hike to any decent areas and I'd always rather have the chance to catch a single decent sized fish as opposed to a handful of stockers. Feedback is appreciated...thanks!

JPFX
12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Over the years I have fished Tullock maybe a dozen times. Always from boat though...trolling. Never got skunked. I have heard from a few fishermen in the loop, that Tullock is for some reason the overlooked honey hole. About a month ago I met 2 older men who said they have been fishing Tullock for as long as they can remember. They said they nearly always get limits and have also pull out big 5+ pounders on a semi-regular basis.

mryosemite
12-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks JPFX...the older gentlemen you talked to...did it sound like they ever bank fish?