PDA

View Full Version : rockfishing spots

imhisnibbs
08-02-2006, 03:48 PM
I have been fishing out of the gate all year now and I think I have salmon fishing down pretty well. I want to move on to rock and ling cod but am clueless on where to go to have some fun with them.
If anybody is willing to give me some coodrdinates for some good spots I will be eternally grateful.
I drive a 30' sportfisher so my only limitation is the gas prices which I will deal with until I figure it out
My preference is to go where I can nail salmon first and fill up on cod later in the day

Thanks to all!

sethonious
08-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I don't know much about fishing out of the gate (even though I live in SF). I usually fish bodega but there are a few general guidelines you can use to find your own spot. Look at the shore. Where you see a point jet out above the water it probably keeps going under the water. Rockies live on... well rocks. Find a reef or any underwater structure and you'll find the fish.

Stay out of marine sanctuaries and stay above the depth requirement. Also review your species with F+G so that you don't take the wrong fish.