PDA

View Full Version : New Fish Sniffer.

HorizonWalker
03-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Hello all,

I'm a relatively new angler, within the past year and a half or so, and I'm here to refine my skills and techniques. I'm located within the Grass Valley area and have frequented Scotts Flat, a little of Bullards Bar, Collins, Hammond Grove Park, and some areas down near Knights Landing.

I also traveled with my wife and her family up to Alaska and managed to get in a day of fishing and bear spotting, lol. Caught myself a sockeye. :cool:

Most of my luck has been Catfishing, which I love, but I'd like to start branching out and familiarizing myself with other species.

Just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking questions.

Thanks,

- HorizonWalker.

P.S.: I hope this is a good area to post this sort of topic.

Bainter1212
03-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the Sniffer! Let us know what species you're interested in. We'll point you in the right direction.

Nor*Cal
03-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the sniffer, brother!

GUSANO
03-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the boards! Lots of good info and great people here!
~

BIG_ONE
03-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Welcome aboard!!! We got many members from the Grass Valley area as well. Hopefully you'll get some new fishing buddies whom like to show you a trick or two, maybe locations as well?
:cheesy:

Marv
03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Welcome, your in a great location for trout, if you haven't tried it you should. It's fairly cheap to get into. Let us know what you are looking to chase and we can set you in the right direction. We love reports, we love reports with pic even more :)

HorizonWalker
03-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm going to be thinking about what I may want to hit these next few months. Definitely trout and bass. I would love to catch a nice big Rainbow, or even out do my Father-In-Law with a sizable Cutbow ;) . He reeled one not even a minute after his first cast with a sandwich in his mouth and a coffee tucked in his elbow, after my dad, uncle, and I had been at it for an hour. :hissyfit:

What species are going to get more active as the months go by?

I prefer bank fishing, never trolled before, and I don't mind hiking around to get to hard to reach places.

I currently own three Ugly Stiks, one a smaller trout rod. The other two around 6' or so.

I'll take inventory of my gear and post so people can get an idea of what I have to work with and what I may need.

Again, thanks!

- HorizonWalker.

LURKER916
03-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the best site around!
And apology ahead of time if we argue! Hahahaha.
Tight lines.

LURKER916
03-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Also when shad season kicks off come on down to the AR and get in the combat line!

49erbassman
03-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the gang!

I used to fish Hammond grove a couple times per month with my kids. The big LM in my avitar came from there. My son caught 28 panfish in 3 hours once there as well. You have many options for fishing but never enough time lol

Sent from my iPhone

redneckpunk
03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
welcome aboard HW, and I must say you caught us on a good day because I cant remember any other member receiving this much of a welcome form these "fishing bums".. LOL!

~RNP

RideNfish
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
I must say you caught us on a good day because I cant remember any other member receiving this much of a welcome form these "fishing bums".. LOL!

~RNP

I won't post then. Don't want to make other new members jealous. :)

HorizonWalker
03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Hahaha, thank you all for the warm welcomes!

I'll try my best not to argue with any of you old timers. ;)

I'll try to instead find a pearl of wisdom or two from the decades of experience that are shared throughout this forum. :)