PDA

View Full Version : shark trip results

SetTheHookMinistry
03-09-2013, 10:50 PM
bat rays in order,55#,60#,30#.. small grey shark,small leopard..and my son got a 3.5# perch..not wut we anticipated but them rays were crazy strong and hit like a truck..the first ray my 9yr old was holding his rodand it took off so fast he didnt kno wut it was...but he held on long enough to hand it to me cuz it was too much for him..all fish came out of south spb on the rippin out go

koke_fiend
03-27-2013, 04:50 PM
where did you end up going and what bait did you use? i struck out twice so far, (once in SP bay w 2 small smoothounds, and once in alameda by the naval fleet gettin skunked). Im tryin to hook into some huge rays, I love the fight. dont worry, i dont take the sharks so they will still be there for you.. just trying to get somethin bigger than a 2 lb smoothound. thanks

fishingking
04-03-2013, 09:12 PM
where are you fishing at?

SetTheHookMinistry
04-20-2013, 09:59 PM
sorry..forgot all about this post and my sign in is all messed up..not too familar with the area but goin out of san rafeal headed north to the big water and picked a spot..9-12ft..squid got the rays

ngt
04-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Looks like it's time to go tug in some ray. I've never weighed one, but how big would you say a 60# is? We catch ray about 40-50 inches across the wing tips/back. No idea how heavy they are. I've been telling a buddy about going after them, but I wanted to wait until they were back in the bays in full force. Squid was always my ray bait of choice. Everytime I go, I always hope to catch a shark. Leo steaks are great! imo.