PDA

View Full Version : Road still snowed in at Lake Valley Res

USMCmatt
03-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Headed up to Lake Valley Res with my 7 year old boy to do a little bank fishing. We arrived around 2:30 to find the access road with about a foot of snow. Didn't feel like chaining up the tires, so we decided to head over to Fuller lake to see if the ice had melted off yet. It was still pretty much covered, but the end near the dam had a large area that was clear. So at least we were able to drown a couple crawlers before the boy started freezing, since playing in the snow led him to wet and freezing clothes. I tried to get him to tough it out until the bite turned on, but it wasn't hasn't happening. We did get some bites, and saw another fisherman pull in a small rainbow.

Jetspray
03-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Too bad you weren't able to hook up, things will change. The passes still indicat closed over the mountains (104, 108, and others to the upper lakes). Winter snows have not shown here too much either:cry:.......Jetspray

pcwa_guy
03-18-2013, 05:38 PM
My friend and I looking forward to going about 15 miles past there to Bowman lake!! Big giant German Brown trouts there!! It's always nice to hear about dad's taking kids out!

catchayou
03-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Good luck actually catching a giant brown in Bowman. Rough drive in with a boat trailer and that is in mid summer.

Rugby Lock
03-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Is Bowman a better lake to take a canoe to then versus a boat?