PDA

View Full Version : Lake Commanche or Collins Lake

jlivengood
04-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Hello Sniffer friends -

Well after 4 weeks of personal turmoil I am finally ready to dust off the boat and get back into the water. This Friday I am headed out with a co-worker and his son, now the big decision, to head to Collins Lake where I have a lot of experience but all reports show the fishing to be slow or head to Lake Comanche, where I have no experience and haven't seen many reports.

Weather looks like it could be raining, could be breezy, so it might be chilly.

Looking for some help/advice from my fishing buddies on the forums. Any additional info about Lake Comanche would also be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

CRABBY
04-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Jim,collins just had so many fish released an planted it should be pickin up real good,but after almost 30 years of fishin that lake I never promise anything,it has a mind of it's own.If ya go there I'll give my ol advice,lot of times ya got to think way out of the box,stuff don't work in 20/30 min switch up an don't rely on the same ol stand by stuff!!LOL....Don

Trout Tracker
04-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Jim.
I know that Camanche can kick out some
big fish.
I haven't been yet this year at all
and probly won't.
But if you decide to go,when the wind
kicks up it
gets nasty.
If you go to Collins fish the East side
of the lake and try flashers with
a crawler.
That combo worked for me last
time.
But as a fisherman we all know
that things change.
TT

Rugby Lock
04-04-2013, 01:30 PM
From the Sacramento Bee fishing line:

CAMANCHE LAKE - Trolling anglers are catching more fish than bank anglers as the trout head for deeper water. Bass fishing is improving as the fish move shallow to spawn. 'Crawlers are working well off the bank for bass, trout and catfish with Power Bait working for trout. Mt Lassen Trout delivered 600 pounds of trout to the North shore ramp and 600 pounds to the South shore trout pond. Mt. Lassen has planted 16,200 pounds of trout at the lake this year.

Read more here: Fishing Line: Week of April 1, 2013 - Outbound - The Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/01/5308507/fishing-line-week-of-april-1-2013.html#storylink=cpy)

Fishing Line - The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento, California (http://www.sacbee.com/fishingline/#vmix_media_id=155499321)