PDA

View Full Version : Collins lake

D. Lloyd
04-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Went out with Cal from the bank yesterday. Fished from the 10-2 The bite is wide open! Caught 13 bows and a spot between us. Fished the swimming beach, inflated crawlers and pautzke fire bait. Yellow was the best color. Overcast skies seemed to help the bite.

Danny

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

redneckpunk
04-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the report Danny. Recent reports have been slow so this was encouraging to read considering all the derbies coming up there

~RNP

D. Lloyd
04-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah it was a fun day. They released a pen Thurs plus a bunch of tagged trophies so should continue to be good!

WHT.RUS
04-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Nice job Danny! Big fish or smallies?

CRABBY
04-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Collins is doing 3 plants every week thru April!!!!Fishing is good!!

D. Lloyd
04-06-2013, 06:15 PM
13599Fishing was so good I went back today. Caught 8 kept a limit but definitely a slower bite. Fished from 11-4. Yesterday Cal and I met a real nice guy from sac. who was struggling so we gave him some dough and showed him our rig, sure enough he was their this am with two fish and by end of day he also limited. Fish mostly around 1-3 lbs but a lot more 12-14" class today which we released if we could. Pautzke fire bait was the ticket. Peach/garlic yellow and their brown hatchery pellet dough bait. Check it out if you fish power bait, lil different consistency but just as effective side by side. Yesterday was my first time to Collins and I am amazed how nice and good of a fishery it is. Check it out if you haven't been there.

DL

WHT.RUS
04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Nice job again! You slayed them :) I will be out there on Thursday and Saturday. Might see you if you decide to go again.