PDA

View Full Version : Delta fishing this Fri-Sat

newt5005
04-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Have been planning for this Fri-Sat a while now, I have Bro-in-law coming in from out of state. Given the wind the last few days, is there anywhere that could be sheltered enough to do some bass fishing? The origional plan was to put in at the KOA on hwy 12 and head north to one of the cuts to the west side. I have a 15' tracker, so was looking to stay out of the rough stuff. This is my first season down here, currently living in Suisun City. I have lived in Marysville for a half century. Been on the delta a handfull of times but never this early in the year or with the kind of wind I saw this morning.

redneckpunk
04-25-2013, 12:41 PM
if looking for bass and less wind, i'd suggest launching at paradise point or king island or H&H and fishing the sloughs in that area.

~RNP

AnglingWes
04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
This time of year, wind is pretty much a given on the D. There are some places to hide in and around White's Slough south of the KOA in the tule island, but honestly, the wind can be your friend when fishing the D by pushing all of the bait into the weed lines where the bass will follow.