PDA

View Full Version : Angels Creek

stefanoflo
04-28-2013, 12:14 AM
I see on CDFG&W that they planted twice in Angels creek in angels camp. , Where about is a good location too
park and fish . and has anyone ever fished that area.??
anyone go on Opening day??
SF

BigUnInDaBoat
04-28-2013, 02:06 PM
West of highway 49 is open all year, and gets fished hard. When they plant they stop at a lot of the pullouts and plant a 5 gallon bucket with fish. They should be all through the creek.

Way better an hour up the road.

Shoreman
04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Fish up by the recreation building, across from the fire station, and down Finnigan Rd about a 1/2 mile there is a good pool.

Richs70chevelle
04-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Went there today in both those spots and no fish for me good old skunkaroo

Richs70chevelle
04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Fished out is what I'm thinking

PapaGreg
04-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Angel's creek will be planted again this week, it gets VERY crowded on opening week-end and could be fished out, but then again, what with budget cuts, they may not have put many fish in. I've seen people fishing the creek where it's only 2-3 feet wide, might as well be fishing in a barrel!

Steve079
04-28-2013, 06:44 PM
I grew up on Finegan lane in angels camp, and fished the heck out of that creek. the most popular spot is to park in that lot across from the firehouse and fish upstream to the pool. You can then go up hiway 4 to Murphys, and after the stoplight, near the Eldorado bank, fish the creek along the hiway. Last stop, in downtown Murphys, turn left at Murphys hotel, and follow the road down to the park. the creek flows thru the middle of the park. Upstream is limited due to private property, but you can fish downstream quite a ways. Please try to avoid hooking any small children in the park area, LOL.