PDA

View Full Version : Wild Turkey hunting help?

Harvester
04-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Been a Wild turkey hunter since the first general open season in California in 1979. I was a contestant in the California State Calling championships in the 80'. I won a sanctioned calling contest in Stockton California and won $300.00 first prize and qualified for the National Wild turkey Calling contest. I did not go to the nationals to compete because I could not afford the trip at the time. This was the last contest I ever competed in. Over the years I have hunted all over northern California but over the it has been harder and harder to get access to privet land. If anybody out there and help me out getting access to hunt somewhere within an hour to an hour and 1/2 from Sacramento, I would be happy to teach you what I know about turkey hunting. Over the years I have hunted with many of the best turkey hunters that California has to offer. I was introduced to wild turkey hunting by Harold Harper who was head of the upland game bird division of the State of California. He was the main person responsible for the successful trap and transfer of the birds in the 50's ,60's and 70's that led to the wild populations we have now. I'm now 59 years old and would love to have access to a none public spots. If you can help me please drop me an an e'mail. I'm a good guy and have always had a passion for turkey hunting.

PS I also love to fish so if ya would like to trade some freshwater fishing trips for some access privileges to hunt turkey property we can talk. Love to hunt and fish= harvester

Harvester
05-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Wow no help??

D. Lloyd
05-02-2013, 12:54 PM
If I had property I would help haha. Got public land I can find birds no problem. If you're interested let me know

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

BigUnInDaBoat
05-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Can't take guests to my private land anymore, last time I did that I drove up on the guy I introduced to the landowner, not saying you personally would do that but private land is hard to find. Plently of birds on blm land within a 2 hour drive of Sac. Tomorrow is closer unless you shoot a bow.

Im 2/3 spring season.

Good luck

BUIDB