PDA

View Full Version : I need some help. Been fishing Paradise with no luck.

norm
05-26-2013, 08:05 PM
I've been fishing Paradise Beach the past few days on the south side of the river across from the drainage ditch outlet. Not only have I not been skunked but also the people across from me too. I've walked up and down that section trying different spots. I'm using the bobber method. If anyone is going out fishing tomorrow, Monday, can I please tag along. I'll buy you lunch.

Norm

49erbassman
05-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Norm my suggestion is to stop fishing the same spot if it's not producing and try different methods like drifting with no bobber, different color grubs etc

I spent two and half hours on the AR Friday evening and only 30 minutes of it was fishing. The other two hours was scouting the river and I found some nice holes. Went back out the next evening and caught a couple in one of those spots and know there is a lot more in that same spot.

Fish on!

djkurisu1
05-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Norm my suggestion is to stop fishing the same spot if it's not producing and try different methods like drifting with no bobber, different color grubs etc

I spent two and half hours on the AR Friday evening and only 30 minutes of it was fishing. The other two hours was scouting the river and I found some nice holes. Went back out the next evening and caught a couple in one of those spots and know there is a lot more in that same spot.

Fish on!

Did the same thing yesterday, can't wait to get out and try to get on some of the new spots I found. Keep it up and stay positive.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-27-2013, 02:21 PM
There r more fish up higher. Been fishing the same spot and it keeps producing and is only going to get better.

baustin
05-28-2013, 01:28 PM
I haven't been to paradise in a few weeks, but there's a spot about 200 yards down from the walk bridge (down from sunrise) on the south side that has been producing like made the last two weeks. It gets packed around 6:00 but plenty for all really. Look for the island in the middle and try to drift as close to it as possible, about 5' liter with 1/32 jig. Pink jig green grub has been working best for me at this spot.

Good luck to you!

Dlee
05-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Was @ paradise a few nights last week. It was hot but the bite has died down. We were out there actually late Sunday evening and got only one bite. The shad were jumping around 9:00pm. Only caught a big pike minnow and to make it worst, got lost in the jungle trying to make it back to the parking lot. We did manage to help a lost swimmer find her way to the parking lot.

Try upper AR above Watt - Sunrise.

PinkSalmon
05-30-2013, 09:39 AM
I haven't been to paradise in a few weeks, but there's a spot about 200 yards down from the walk bridge (down from sunrise) on the south side that has been producing like made the last two weeks. It gets packed around 6:00 but plenty for all really. Look for the island in the middle and try to drift as close to it as possible, about 5' liter with 1/32 jig. Pink jig green grub has been working best for me at this spot.

Good luck to you!

is this a barbless area?

baustin
05-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Paradise is not barbless, the spot below sunrise is barbless. Anything above Ancil Hoffman up to nimbus is barbless.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Paradise is not barbless, the spot below sunrise is barbless. Anything above Ancil Hoffman up to nimbus is barbless.

Actually from the smud power lines at ancil hoffman to hazel bridge or the cable is barless, from hazel ave bridge to the dam is not barbless. Makes it nice when salmon/steelhead fishing above the bridge

Double_D
06-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Move! ....walk up the American, look for everyone else or do what I like to do, explore and look for the greasy spots.