PDA

View Full Version : Hali/bass tides

Skipjacker707
06-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Heading out Monday June 10th and there is a minus tide in the morning but a good incoming tide after that. I know the bite gets better for halibut as the tides are on the smaller side but what about the bass bite? Was thinking of getting some live bait and drifting the rock piles in front of Alcatraz for some bass? Anyone got any other ideas? I would assume the halibut bite won't be very good with the big tides but I got the day off and I'm not gonna spend it on my couch!

Skipjacker707
06-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Really?? No one has any info? C'mon man!!!

Skipjacker707
06-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Gonna ask one more time?? Any body that can point me in a good direction for big tides next Monday? I'm thinking rock piles as it slows down on the incoming for stripers?

Scotthmt
06-05-2013, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't expect to catch anything with those tides, tide is bad in the days leading up to June 10 as well. But if you're deadset on going fish deep water to find good clarity.

Skipjacker707
06-06-2013, 08:15 AM
i always expect to catch something!!! i know the tides are horrible but i thought that big incoming tide might be good for drifting live bait for stripers at the rock piles? maybe not. If its horrible i will just run outside the gate for some rockfish.

Scotthmt
06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Rock fishing may be a better bet, not to say you can't catch a halibut on those tides but your window of opportunity is severely limited. That being said I caught a 41" Hali at OP last year on the upper end of a -1.6 tide. So it can be done, but will you catch something, maybe, but
Likely not.

JB14
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Go for rockfish. That's a really bad tide for stripers and halibut.

Skipjacker707
06-06-2013, 10:55 PM
I thought the same thing jb14 but when I looked and read on coastside it said the end of that incoming or a similar one would e a good bet for stripers at a few spots. I don't really care that much I just need to run the boat and burn some of that fuel that's been sitting in the tank! But I think rockfish might provide some table meat for some good fish tacos then try a couple drifts and keep the fingers crossed..