PDA

View Full Version : Bay fishing...from the east bay need HELP ASAP!!!

lookingforfish
04-28-2006, 10:09 AM
I posted earlier in the week about fishing off the dumbarton or San Mateo bridge peirs for sharks or perch. I have also been talking to the bait shops in the area and it seems the general consensus is that the bite in not happening. Does anyone know different? I have a middle school fishing club trip planned for tomorrow and they wanted to catch sharks, that doesn't seem possible right now so I need to change plans quickly...Anyone know where we can go to catch fish in the bay right now? We are coming from the east bay and are up for fishing for anything worth while. Most of these kids have never fished in the bay before so I want it to be some what exciting? ANY suggestions are appriciated.

timetofish
04-28-2006, 10:31 AM
With all this fresh water flowing down the rivers the sharks tend to stay out of the bay. They wait till the water salts up a little bit. I personally haven't had much luck fishing the piers/shore lately. The bite has been pretty good for some boat anglers though.

My neighbor has been catching ALOT of catfish up in the sloughs by Discovery Bay but you want Bay fishing...not Delta fishing

With this weather this week your best bet might be to try some of the trout lakes..San Pablo Res, Lafayette Res, or Chabot.

Good luck wherever you go.... taking the time to take the kids out gets two thumbs up in my book!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]