PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pumped up for this season

bretmoua
06-24-2013, 04:46 PM
So who has buck fever besides me? For those of you hunting A zone in a few weeks, good luck. I haven't hunted that zone for 3 years now and last year, the spot that I normally do archery, there were 4-5 bucks taken out of there last year. That's pretty good for a small area. Since I'll be hunting D7 like every year, I'll have to wait til August. I know this question has been asked before but, who is hunting what zone?

WLShafor
06-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Can't wait I'm debating on what crossbow to buy

There is progress whether you are going forward or backward! The thing is to move!

jlivengood
06-24-2013, 07:09 PM
So who has buck fever besides me? For those of you hunting A zone in a few weeks, good luck. I haven't hunted that zone for 3 years now and last year, the spot that I normally do archery, there were 4-5 bucks taken out of there last year. That's pretty good for a small area. Since I'll be hunting D7 like every year, I'll have to wait til August. I know this question has been asked before but, who is hunting what zone?

The longest my boat sits idle is during hunting season and YES Buck Fever is setting in. I got my tags in the mail today and will be heading to the C4 zone come Sept 20 for rifle season.

This year my son, soon to be 16, got drawn for an apprentice hunt in zone J18, so right after my two weeks in the mountains it will be a month of weekend hunts to try to help him bag his first deer, hopefully a buck!

The worst part about deer hunting is it happens right in the middle of the fall Striper run. But as soon as the deer are down, butchered and in the freezer, then it is dust off the boat and try from some late season Stripers.

Reel Fun
06-27-2013, 07:10 AM
I am hunting D3-5. Got lucky and got permission to hunt along the Consumnes river in Elk Grove about 3 miles from my house. Its bow only but that's ok....RF

LURKER916
06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Colorado in October for Elk.

BigUnInDaBoat
06-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Can't wait I'm debating on what crossbow to buy

There is progress whether you are going forward or backward! The thing is to move!

Why xbow? Do you own a compound? As a new comp owner I'm in love with it. Soon I hope to be able to do some bowfishing with it also.

I have my D-6 tag, and private land to hunt that is crawling with deer, but I won't let anyone use a firearm here. This will be my first year really trying to get a buck, I had a tag last year but only hunted a few times around Melones.

BUIDB

bretmoua
06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Why xbow? Do you own a compound? As a new comp owner I'm in love with it. Soon I hope to be able to do some bowfishing with it also.

I have my D-6 tag, and private land to hunt that is crawling with deer, but I won't let anyone use a firearm here. This will be my first year really trying to get a buck, I had a tag last year but only hunted a few times around Melones.

BUIDB

So are you saying that you'll allow hunters, like myself, to hunt the land with my archery equipment?

BigUnInDaBoat
06-29-2013, 11:23 AM
So are you saying that you'll allow hunters, like myself, to hunt the land with my archery equipment?

If I knew the person I might let them hunt with me, but not with a firearm, as there is a trail people sometimes hike on and I don't want to be responsible for stray rounds.

bretmoua
07-01-2013, 06:52 AM
D6 is in my neighborhood too, so let me know if you need an extra set of eyes, ears, and an archer.

BigUnInDaBoat
07-01-2013, 08:27 AM
D6 is in my neighborhood too, so let me know if you need an extra set of eyes, ears, and an archer.

Cool, will keep it in mind. Woke up at 5:31 am this morning to close the windows and had two velvet bucks chilling about 50 yards from the house. One will be a big boy.

bretmoua
07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Must be nice waking up to the sight of two velvet bucks. You are so lucky to have such view.

Verdeye
07-05-2013, 08:26 AM
They are growing

bretmoua
07-09-2013, 10:03 AM
That'll be venison in the freezer, come opening day.

fishnmike
07-09-2013, 10:21 AM
I won the lottery this year and drew a G37-Anderson Valley hunt. Been trying for that one for over 15years. Hunt will be the end of Nov and a couple days in Dec. I'll be hunting elk in Colorado before that so lots of hunting for me this year.

bretmoua
07-10-2013, 11:13 AM
That'll be a lot of meat in the freezer if you bag one each. Good luck.

fishnmike
07-10-2013, 03:40 PM
That's the plan. Last year we took one deer in Calif and two elk in Colorado.

WLShafor
07-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Yes I have a compound but lately been watching a lot of shows in the outdoor channel and crossbows look fun

BUIDB

Don't rush things! Anything worth having is worth waiting for.

Line Stretcher
07-10-2013, 07:24 PM
X4 and I'm taking the boat. Hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon. Gotta love Eagle Lake! Premium tags and tough to get. I'm not wasting mine.

bretmoua
07-11-2013, 07:52 AM
That's the plan. Last year we took one deer in Calif and two elk in Colorado.

Wow....talk about a freezer full of game meat. Awesome!!!!

bretmoua
07-11-2013, 07:53 AM
X4 and I'm taking the boat. Hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon. Gotta love Eagle Lake! Premium tags and tough to get. I'm not wasting mine.

I like the idea....Hunt and Fish

K-15
07-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Archery elk tags in n.e Oregon,..X4 rifle tags.. Mike

BigUnInDaBoat
08-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Two more days, already have buck fever, can't sleep, stoked.

Line Stretcher
08-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Archery elk tags in n.e Oregon,..X4 rifle tags.. Mike

Mike, when you headed up. Might see you up there. Wow, two people with X4's on the same forum. That's pretty rare!

K-15
08-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Mike, when you headed up. Might see you up there. Wow, two people with X4's on the same forum. That's pretty rare!

Be up there scouting soon,..hunting with the better half opening week,..haven't hunted there in about 20 yrs.,..so got to go up and put some boot leather down. Mike

tennesseemike
08-16-2013, 08:08 AM
D3-5 in CA, then North West Wyoming in Oct. Near Yellowstone for Mule Deer.

QueenAnnesRevenge
08-17-2013, 12:39 PM
D5 this year, didn't draw Wyoming for deer or antelope, didn't draw Nevada for deer, and didn't draw ca for antelope or deer (x3b) took a scouting trip and saw a couple of dinky forks, some spikes and 1 shooter. Watched him all evening and The next morning. Only moved about 300 yards up the ridge hopefully he stays there :-) . Lucky for me Not many will hike that far in there though. Saw some horse packers last year. Man I wish I had some pack horses.

hooks
08-18-2013, 12:57 PM
I consider my self lucky to have been given the opportunity to get a shot at a little forkie on the opener of D3. My arrow flew true and I have meat in the freezer.

:thumbsup:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/Mobile%20Uploads/downsize_zps12dd3a3a.jpg

toomanyhobbies
08-18-2013, 05:21 PM
I consider my self lucky to have been given the opportunity to get a shot at a little forkie on the opener of D3. My arrow flew true and I have meat in the freezer.

Congrats! I'm nervosly waiting for rifle season. I'm a novice hunter trying to soak up as much info as I can. I'm reading everything I can get my hands on and hoping for my chance. I am also very excited about the process of everything it's very neat to learn new things and this is certainly new to me.

K-15
08-18-2013, 06:14 PM

Nice job!,..post up a pic.! some of us got a while before we get out. Mike