PDA

View Full Version : Smoked chuck

drinkinbuddy
07-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Just wanted to tell you guys if you have not tried smoked chuck roast, it is off the charts good. I dropped a ten pound chuck in my pellet smoker and pulled it off when it hit 195* and sliced part of it up after resting for 30 mins. For a traditional dinner with potatoes, carrots and gravy. I later took the second part (about 6 lbs.) and wrapped it in foil with and splash of water and a pad of butter, put in the oven to a temp of 205* and let it rest. Then shredded for tacos and burritos. I reserved about 3 lbs. for chopped beef smothered in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, honey and apple cider vinegar for BBQ sammies. The Sammie's were ridiculous on dinner rolls with a few pickled jalapeņos. I smoke a lot of pork shoulders but this was awesome. Just had to share.

Drinkinbuddy

woolybuggin
07-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Ya I live smoking pork shoulders but this sounds awesome. I may have to try this out

salmonid
07-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm hungry again!

Do you have a Traeger?

Best,

49erbassman
07-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Just smoked some up on the 4th of July!!

Fish on!

drinkinbuddy
07-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes I have a Treager and I use it to smoke pork butts, salmon and anything else I can get my hands on I love it. I just did a batch of jalapeņos stuffed with cream cheese, turbinado sugar, garlic, a cheddar smokie and wrapped in bacon for a block party on the 4th. I brought just under 40 and they were gone in under a half hour! Those always win over the crowd. I had the wives and a few guys corner me on how to make them, nothing's better than showing folks how good food can be by low n slow BBQ. Try the chuck, you won't be sorry. I get them whole in the cyro pack from the local butcher, some guys even use the steaks but make sure they are at least 6lbs. The bigger the better, just season them up with salt, fresh cracked pepper, garlic and onion powder for the first time and you can experiment with rubs later as you will want to do it again, just no sugar, it's beef, not pork.

The next party I am going to blow them away with the beef chuck sammies, don't want to give all my best at once, keeps them coming back for more. I will share my findings with you guys though lol...

Drinkinbuddy

Katfish
07-07-2013, 12:30 AM
This sounds great. Thanks for sharing will be trying one soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2