PDA

View Full Version : First Big Brown.

thompsonwdavid
08-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I fished the middle fork of their can today and finally after putting in my time and releasing many fish I got the big one I was looking for.

Captain Compassion
08-01-2013, 09:10 PM
There is nothing like that feeling. Congratulations on the big brown.

CC

Owlman2
08-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Beautiful Fish!

It is the hope of such fish that gets my butt up to go to remote places in pursuit of them!

Congrats!

WLShafor
08-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Very nice that's a taxidermy picture perfect brown!

stefanoflo
08-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Nice fish and I`m sure the fight was great .I`m still on the fence in who`s the better fighter the Bow or the brown??Just remember . Browns are not planted anymore in Calif, and if we keep all the browns we get ,the feeling of catching that Big brown goes away for ever. I caught a 3 lbs last week and she went back in the river after I kissed her for the battle. what a rush that was . I hope to get it again with another brown . Granted I wanted to keep her as well, but I wanted a future for them to so we can keep fighting them .
Thanks for the Pic I`m happy for you. Thats Mother nature at her best.

thompsonwdavid
08-02-2013, 04:33 AM
I was thinking of letting that one go. Though I have never had brown trout and usually let them go. I do believe in letting them go so the population gets bigger. They are truly remarkable fish. As for fighting between a bow and brown I might have to put my money brown. A wild bow around that size might give a brown a run for its life.

Bainter1212
08-02-2013, 05:03 AM
Wow nice fish!! No worries with keeping one or two every now and then.....I would've kept that one for sure. I know of some spots where smaller browns are as thick as fleas, I don't think they're going away any time soon.

I bet that one tasted real good.

And yes, that is a taxidermy worthy fish.

siskiyoufisherman
08-02-2013, 06:01 AM
Nice river fish. There are plenty of browns out there and keeping them will not hurt the fish population. The hatchery up here in Mt. Shasta plants browns all the time and has full ponds of breeders. There will be no shortage of brown planting in Ca.

hooks
08-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Congrats on catching your PB brown. It does feel good, doesn't it!! That's the biggest brown I've seen with red spots like that.

ktmquad
08-02-2013, 06:35 AM
What was it caught on?

O.mykiss hunter
08-02-2013, 07:15 AM
CnR can be good for keeping the population up but when you have a very healthy population of big browns that don't get caught a lot, like in the Middle Fork, enjoying Nature's bounty every once in a while can also help keep the population in good shape. Plus, you should always keep your first big brown ;-). Congratulations, that fish must of been good eating!

thompsonwdavid
08-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately it was not caught on a lure. Which is fine with me :) because I still caught him and can still feel the power and rush he gave me. I was using a ultra light set up 4lb test two worms with a split shot two feet up. He hit on the drop. Also the wild bow I caught was on a panther and was 12 inches.

Tyeechinook
08-05-2013, 02:10 PM
I can't see the pic

GNappers
08-05-2013, 02:20 PM
How did the fish taste? Only ate 1 brown before from Pardee and I didn't think it was as good as a rainbow. I know the Carson gets planted with browns. Nice catch.

DerekE18
08-05-2013, 02:38 PM
How did the fish taste? Only ate 1 brown before from Pardee and I didn't think it was as good as a rainbow. I know the Carson gets planted with browns. Nice catch.

Yea i was there about a month ago and couldnt keep the little browns off the hook. but since they arent planted that heavily anymore i prefer catch and release but i dont blame you one bit for keepin your first nice brown.