PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Ditch

hitide
08-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Yesterday, Joebuckbass and I went out to one of my favorite spots on the aqueduct with intentions of catching some catfish. It was a beautiful day, the gates were open and a nice current was flowing. We started off using anchovies, but changed over to chicken liver. From that point on the action was constant with nearly a fish on every cast. The problem, if you can call it that, was that the fish were stripers, not catfish. They were mostly fat and in great shape, but they were nearly all around 1/2" short. Nearly everyone of these fish hit violently and ripped off drag with each one making us believe it was a large fish. Needless to say, we had a good time. Eventually, ole Joebuckbass hooked up with a nice catfish around 4-5lbs, and I manage to land a striper that made the legal length limit. I can't stress enough how healthy these stripers looked. They all were bright with blue backs, had good shine with even straight lines. The fun part was that they all pulled hard. We finished off the day all sun burned, tired, with a smile on our red faces. As you guessed, we are planning to go back! SOON!