PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay 8/10

Pintail
08-11-2013, 03:15 PM
So I got all my personal infrastructure finally fixed. Nothing can kill weekends better then a dead septic system and a new well, yes quite a distance apart.

Finally an open weekend and a willing cohort. Launched out of Westside at 0 dark and headed down to 10 mile to show my friend how to troll for salmon. We posted up right at Elephant and trolled from there to below 10 mile and back up for nothing. My friend keeps questioning numerous of times what the small fleet, that were just below Elephant mooching, were doing. I told him they probably didn't know what they were doing. Trolling is the way.

Soon their net flags start waving.

So I decided to start mooching.

20 minutes into the first drift, fishon, nice 25 lber. Another drift and we get a pig but had a net assisted SDR. Such is life. Headed back and started drift 3 and 15 minutes in, bam, fishon and this thing only wanted the bottom. 45 minutes later,I'm guessing and it seemed like,(17# test) mi amigo picks up this pig, 38 lbs. No net failure on this one. 16056After that , for us the bite just quit. Tried everything in the box and went home a little early to beat the traffic and ramp. First non limit trip this year but the big guy was big fun. It is just about as much fun watching your friend catch one as it is if you do, almost.

Between Elephant and 10 mile, 70', 4 to 6 cranks up from the bottom, tray bait herring.

Brutus20
08-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Good job. That is one fat pig you guys have there. Thanks for posting

Line Stretcher
08-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Nice fat hog. Congrats. And yeah, it is just as much fun knowing you put someone on the fish as it is catching them yourself.. Almost...

sturgeonsearchin
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Good job Dale, He told me the whole story this morning. He is ready to go now! SALMON FEVER

dennis l
08-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Nice fish, sometimes it pays off to adapt a different style.

mrsockeye
08-27-2013, 03:18 PM
That is one hell of a big chrome pig. I want one like that.