PDA

View Full Version : freshwater grass shrimp

FishyMe
08-19-2013, 05:07 PM
does anyone know where i can buy some freshwater grass shrimp in the bay area/central valley? i prefer the freshwater over the saltwater.

thanks!

drinkinbuddy
08-19-2013, 05:40 PM
I wasn't aware there's a difference. Always thought they liked the brackish water.

BIG_ONE
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Freshwater are really tiny and clear(aka glass shrimp - due to being transparent), saltwater are white and gets as big as your index finger. I do not believe there are any bait shops that sells these freshwater grass shrimp, and I cannot remember of anyone commercially harvesting these grass shrimp(I don't even think you can harvest them commercially either - but don't take my words for it).

P.S. - These freshwater grass shrimp are commercially bred for aquariums primarily for fish food.

drinkinbuddy
08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the info, now I feel smart...well I should say more intelligent, got a long way to go on that subject..lol

catchayou
08-25-2013, 06:27 PM
I know where and how to catch the freshwater ones you are looking for. PM me for info.

FishGuyService
08-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Try looking at a fish store for live shrimp. They call them "ghost shrimp" and as mentioned before they are a brackish species but do live in freshwater.

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2