PDA

View Full Version : Nation Forest Land

Phish Addiction
08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Are all National Forest lands open to public hunting. I know BLM lands are open to hunting but can't find a certain answer about National Forest lands.

I am looking to deer hunt in D3 or D4 but trying to figure out where I'm legally allowed to hunt or not is pretty confusing.

Line Stretcher
08-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Typically a road is used to define at least a portion of the boundary. When a road is not present you may find signs nailed to trees. USFS Topo maps are available that outline the different hunting areas. You can get them online through the USFS website. This might sound dumb but if you can't use a compass and read a topo map you might consider taking someone with you that can.

outdoordude
08-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Yes pac it can be confusing but most nat forest is open to hunting. But there are blocks of land within national forest land that are private land but they must be posted. I know that up here in the truckee tahoe area you can hunt pretty much anywhere you want as long as you follow the rules about staying away from houses and buildings, but in lower elevations you have more private land borders to deal with. If it's not posted, you can hunt.

Reel Fun
08-30-2013, 06:44 AM
The wardens cant tell through the smoke if you are trespassing or not! lol. D3,4,5 is a big zone. I used to hunt outside of Foresthill off of Mosquito Ridge rd about 10 miles outside of town near Duncan Creek. RF

Phish Addiction
09-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know if the National Forest land on Highway 20 between Highway 80 and Scotts Flat is open to public hunting as long as you are far enough from the road?

CRABBY
09-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know if the National Forest land on Highway 20 between Highway 80 and Scotts Flat is open to public hunting as long as you are far enough from the road?It is but, watch for private property along 20....:129fs238648: