PDA

View Full Version : Grant, Convict, & Owens

mjh365
09-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Fished Convict Lake Monday the 16th from 6pm until 7pm just to the right of the Marina and caught 3 bows' between 10 to 13 inches (all released) on yellow/ red mice tails. Then.... On the 17th at Sunrise we were on Grant Lake ready to go. But, the wind was HOWLING and whipping through there with gusts to 30+. However, despite this, my 70 year old Mom was able to pull in a 16 inch Brown within the first 20 minutes using Rainbow Power Bait. The only fish caught during the 3 hours of fighting that wind. From there it was off to the Owens. The wind was still present but nothing like Grant. Using a Rainbow YoZuri Pin Minnow I caught two Bows' 12 and 15 inches. They attacked that lure! From there I caught up with my parents and watched them fish. Each catching limits of Rainbows drifting Cheese & Rainbow Power Bait. Overall, it was a great, short, trip. One I'll remember for a very long time. Sorry there are no pictures, the next trip and next report I'll do a better job.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Captain Compassion
09-18-2013, 06:56 PM
All great waters. Convict and Owens were two of my favorite places to fish when I lived in your area. Never did all that well at Grant but I have seen others catch some nice browns there. Rush Creek above Grant was always kinder too me. Thanks for the post.

CC

SalmoClarki
09-18-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree with CC, Convict is one of the prettiest lakes anywhere. I've never had much luck at Grant either but Silver and Gull have been good to me in the past. Rush Creek is really good as it leaves Silver Lake. That is truly God's country.