PDA

View Full Version : Duck opener next Saturday

crawdaddundee
10-13-2013, 04:30 PM
The club I hunt is all flooded and ready to go. Just not sure I am ready. Weather looks summer like but that's pretty much the norm for this time of the year. Have been looking for any deals on shotgun shells. Best I have found is at Wild Sports. They sell the Estates brand which is my preferred brand. Am shooting 3 inch 1 1/8 oz. 3 shot, 1550's. They sell them for 10.70 a box and no discount on a case so 107.00 plus tax. Not a killer deal but not bad either. Does anyone have knowledge of anyone selling them any cheaper? It appears that Wild Sports has purchased much less than I have seen there in the past at this time of the year so I did pick up one case. Happy hunting, time to give the salmon a break. This morning got a nice one at Sunrise. Fish rolloing everywhere and no one hooking up. Lock jaw time. Later

SteelyMan
10-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Good luck out there, i'll be hunting Suisun Marsh out of the Jon boat. I know what you mean about the weather.

Sawdog
10-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Think I am going to try a guide this year and go hunting for my first time.

K-15
10-17-2013, 07:14 AM
The club I hunt is all flooded and ready to go. Just not sure I am ready. Weather looks summer like but that's pretty much the norm for this time of the year. Have been looking for any deals on shotgun shells. Best I have found is at Wild Sports. They sell the Estates brand which is my preferred brand. Am shooting 3 inch 1 1/8 oz. 3 shot, 1550's. They sell them for 10.70 a box and no discount on a case so 107.00 plus tax. Not a killer deal but not bad either. Does anyone have knowledge of anyone selling them any cheaper? It appears that Wild Sports has purchased much less than I have seen there in the past at this time of the year so I did pick up one case. Happy hunting, time to give the salmon a break. This morning got a nice one at Sunrise. Fish rolloing everywhere and no one hooking up. Lock jaw time. Later

Rogers, and dunns online,..bluebox federals 114.99 case, no tax, free shipping....its the cheapest I've found on most shotgun shells. Mike