PDA

View Full Version : Perch grubbing Sunset Beach 9/25

ken_fishnfool
09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
After wanting to find some BIG barred perch for the last month I dicided to scout my favorite perching beach.
Got there around low tide to see what the structure was like this year. The potholes aren't there and niether were the channels I remembered. I only found a couple of spots that had some handsized perch in them. No decent ones.
As the tide came in so did the kelp. The beach has a lot of big tangled up clumps of it that get washed back in at high tide.
All in all a nice day at the beach , but non-productive.
Only 3 hand sized for 10 bites. :-/
We need a couple of weeks of big NW swells to set the beach back up again, and wash the kelp out.

Anyone doing any good at Manressa, SeaCliff, or New Brighton? ???

BASNFAN
09-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi Ken,
Are you the same Fishnfool on Anglernet.net? Anyhow, i saw your post on perch'n. Next month I am going to Pacifica and will be at the RV Park and want to try perch'n there and maybe try for stripers as well. We will be there from the 20 to the 24th. Can I expect much action that time of year. Any knowledge you can share would be great.
BASNFAN

ken_fishnfool
09-26-2005, 12:34 PM
No Basnfan that's not me.
Yes October can be quite good for perch, if it's not storming. I don't think stripers are there at that time of year.