PDA

View Full Version : Oregon

Hook_Em
09-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Hey Sniffers,

Im hoping you have some info. Im planning a trip next year to Newport Oregon and I would like to catch some Dungeness off the piers or jetty's anyone know whats the best time of year to get them, Also I would like to do some rockcod fishing on a charter any help would be great.

Thanks

basil
09-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Crabing is open in the summer in Oregon and there are crabs in the bay at that time. Just the same I've had my best luck when the weather is stormy. It seems to push them into the bay.

How good the crabbing is, is a matter of luck, tides and that particular season. My dad did lousey on the Nehalem River (north of Newport about 80 miles) one day and the next day he got easy limits. This was a couple of weeks ago.

massonitile
09-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey the fishing is always good in and out of newport or, my parents live there an i go every year, crab and fish combos are the best. :D the docks are next to the rogue brewery the amount of people they take on each boat is between 5-8 so book early. I have always taken my 7'6 flippin rod and braided line with me to just jig off the bottom, the deckhands r always cool with me going up in front of the boat and trying to hook sumthin a little bigger. good luck !eric

Hook_Em
09-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey massonitile,

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have any info on the charters names or phone numbers would be great.