PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Day at Pillar Point!

Tangled_Angler
09-09-2005, 07:39 PM
As a little boy growing up I can remember my Dad taking me to tha Pillar Point breakwater to go fishing and I have nothing but great memories of all those times we went. Fast forward some 20 years later and I went back to fish at the breakwater and what I found completely horrified me! There was garbage everywhere and I do mean everywhere! The guys next to me had little reservation about eating and casually throwing their garbage into the rocks. My Dad always had us pack our garbage and told us to never disrespect nature especially the ocean that he loved so much. I actually felt quite heartbroken at the complete lack of concern that a large majority of the people fishing there had for the environment. Lots of folks with no licenses. Many taking undersized fish and crabs including dungeness. Many using loud profane language within earshot of young children. The weather was gorgeous but I couldn't take it anymore and I packed up my garbage and lots of other garbage in the general vicinity and left. I'm not sure that I'll be back......at least not for awhile.

:'(

Intimidator
09-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Next time give the boys at DFG a call.

CORN
09-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Yes, give them a call. They hang around that harbor a lot checking the incoming boats. Just a matter of time before they bust those guys.

blue_chrush
09-10-2005, 04:51 PM
quote Lots of folks with no licenses.

on the jetty lic is not required...... ;)

but as for the waste and such, thats bullsh*t.....
thats where being a little bigger comes in handy,
I crack down on them, and if they look like they can
whip me, which is most people...lol
then....
I whip out I'm an off duty officer and picking up the
trash would be a good thing to do right now....
works 9 out of 10 times....lol

dogfish30
09-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey blue crush, are you sure about no licenses on jetties? I know you don't need one on piers, but I've never heard of the jetties. And where is Pillar Point? DF30

CORN
09-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Pillar Point is the area where boats launch out of Half Moon Bay (Princeton Harbor?). It's actually slightly north of the city of Half Moon Bay. Lots of people fish the jetties around that harbor.