PDA

View Full Version : Point Reyes Perch

Hiking-Jay
08-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Anybody fish at Point Reyes lately? I'm thinking of heading out to Kehoe Beach this weekend for some perch grubbin and was wondering if anybody else has been out there in the past week or two. The last time I was out there was a month ago, and my friend and I caught lots of red tails, almost a fish every other cast for about 2 hours at one point! It sure would be nice for a repeat performance.

wading2fish
08-31-2005, 12:45 PM
I haven't been up north yet, been going down HMB and area lately. But with that action you had a couple of weeks ago I might just have to go out there soon.

w2f

Rock_Hopper
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Kehoe is absolutely beautiful.

We had a PF.com get-together there last month. Definitely a place I plan to go back to soon.

Sorry nobody seems to have any recent info on either board, HJ.

Hiking-Jay
08-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Yep, bummer. I missed the Kehoe get-together because I was in South Carolina at the time. I guess I'll go be the guinea pig at Point Reyes and report back on the action after I go. The last report I heard a couple weeks ago was from a guy who caught nothing. I guess it's either hit-and-miss or maybe I just had a hot color at a good time. We'll see...

surf_fisher
08-31-2005, 04:50 PM
I posted this before. I was there three weeks ago, but fished north, south, and drakes. the n/s beaches were slow for reds. drakes was good with non stop nibbles of barred. I was using berkley pumpkinseed grub. the rest of the family fished with bait and caught some of the bigger fish at all the beaches. the beaches should be good till oct. when it slows a tad.

longliner
09-02-2005, 06:22 PM
I am an absolute greenhorn when it comes to fishing the beaches, but I love to light tackle fish, especially for tasty fish. Could any one of you give me a short course on where, when, and how to fish for these perch? OR..could you link me to a previous discussion of the same? It sounds like a great experience if one can get into them. Appreciations all around for all of you.

Larry

wading2fish
09-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Check out the surf perch fishing thread. There is alot of info in there.

w2f

pulper80
09-04-2005, 08:30 AM
longliner, I also had not gone surfperch fishing before until yesterday. But with the help of everybody on this board I knew where to go, what to use, and how to fishing. Result: Awesome fishing trip, best I've had in awhile. Here is the surfperch thread link:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=west;action=display;num=1122925428

This one also has some info:
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=west;action=display;num=1125591707