PDA

View Full Version : 12/14 Rollins skunkfest

buckman78
12-15-2013, 04:17 PM
I have officially extended my skunk fest to 3 in a row. These days it's easier for me to catch a cold then a fish!

My daughter became super sick Friday night and was up all night, meaning I too was up all night. Slept in a little and launched by 10am. Only 3 hours later than I planned.

This was my first trip in my "new to me" boat so the fact it started and ran like a champ made up for no fish. One out of two is better than being stranded without any fish or even stranded with a lot of fish!

tried a lot of things, to no avail. Various size rapalas, grubs, spoons and dodger crawler. Trolled to the end of bear river arm for one drive by and that's it. Talked to a boat pulling in at the end and they said it was really slow for them too, with 5 or 6 rainbows and a few lost and a 4lb. brown. Haha, I would love to have a slow day like that!

Been obsessed about trolling speeds lately, which may be contributing to my skunkyness. But I will get it all dialed in eventually.

It sucks to end the year on a skunk streak, but I also had some stellar days this year, so I guess it all evens out in the end.