PDA

View Full Version : Snows starting to come down...

Hof
12-29-2013, 11:47 AM
The spec closure makes me sick every year because they come down and darn near land on me. Their inner clock knows exactly when they cant be shot at anymore. Anyway, I have had some success lately dropping snows. Good evening last night and should have had a repeat this morning but I am having some serious gun jamming issues. Gonna take care of that this afternoon. Still managed a few today and my little guy had a blast. Love being out with my kids.
A pic from yesterday evening and one from this morning.

Hof

Waterdog
12-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Great hunt, great pic's, happy kid happy dog, don't get better than that.
sure looks dry there like most of ca. Were you hunting your field blind or is that what RHC used to call the firing line?

Hof
12-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks waterdog. Pics are in different places. You have good eyes....One is the pass shooting blinds off of hwy 20. I only go out there when there is wind to knock the birds down. On calm days Most of the yahoos out there shoot at birds cruising at 30,000 feet along with the jet planes. It is amazing to see what guys will shoot at. The other picture is a field off of Lonestar road. Specs were literally everywhere. I still think they wink at me when they coast by.

Hof

sturgeonsearchin
01-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Great picture, reminds me of one I have of my son. Holding a couple greenheads with his elbows kicked in, lol! That was a few years back, he doesn't hunt anymore and I miss it too!

nvthis
01-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Hey, at least somebody's hittin' 'em..