PDA

View Full Version : Last Trip Of The Year

Jason
12-31-2013, 06:57 PM
I've been lagging on reporting on here this year, hopefully next year will get better. Got on the Cal Dawn Monday for a combo trip out to the Farallons. We get out and hit the pots and get a few crabs, but not enough for everyone. So we head out to the islands to get some fish than come back and recheck the pots. Get to the islands, start some drifts and start getting into some olives and a few blacks. Pretty good action on just red/yellow shrimp flies using nothing for bait. I later switch from the 16 ounce weight to a Salas jig in green/white. After the switch I bring in a nice fat Bocaccio. I end up getting a limit of 9 nice Olives and the Bocaccio. Lots of nice fish came over the side. I believe 4 lings came into the boat. We get limits and head back to recheck the pots. Get the crabs and head back in. Weather was excellent. Very light swell and short sleeve temperatures in the afternoon. The group on the boat was great. Met a couple of guys from past trips and got to talking to a guy and find out his dad lived around the corner from me where I used to live. Lots of youngsters on the boat. Hopefully next year will be just as good.

MoMoney
12-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the report.I didn't get to fish enough this year either.See you out there!!

GAMFISHIN
01-01-2014, 04:58 AM
Great report. Sounds like It was a great trip to end the season.