PDA

View Full Version : Trout Tactics: Cal Kellogg To Release New Trout Fishing Book At Sacramento ISE!

AnglingWes
01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Hey Guys,

If you see Cal at ISE, be sure to ask about his latest book: Trout Tactics. I'm not a trout angler, but have been reading it since I got a copy this weekend. Its a great read for any trout fisherman.

Here's the Press release:

by Cal Kellogg

Hello out there in Fish Sniffer Country, Cal Kellogg here. At the 2014 Sacramento ISE Show Iíll be unveiling Trout Tactics, my latest book.
What is Trout Tactics? Thatís simple, at 232 pages, 30 chapters and over 80,000 words Trout Tactics is the most definitive guide to conventional tackle trout fishing available!
Bank fishing with bait and lures, all aspects of trolling, using natural baits, lure selection and presentation, soft plastics, hoochies, dough baits, flashers and dodgers, slip bobbers, jigs, lines, hooks, rolling shad and anchovies, tackle considerations, identifying key areas, targeting trophy trout, stream trout, weather effects and so much more, itís all covered in Trout Tactics.
Iíve been trout fishing on the West Coast since the Ď70ís and Iíve been covering trout fishing with some of the finest guides available as a full time outdoor writer for nearly a decade. If it pertains to trout fishing, with the exception of fishing with fly tackle, youíll find it in this book!
The overriding thought in my mind as I wrote Trout Tactics, was to create something that would help trout anglers catch more and bigger fish and Iíve done just that.
It doesnít matter if youíre a beginning trout angler or a trout fishing veteran with a practiced eye, Trout Tactics takes you through just about every setup and every rig used by conventional tackle anglers today. You will learn different applications and variations to tactics that can and will make you a better trout angler. If you dream of catching more and bigger trout, this is the book for you!
How can you get your copy of Trout Tactics? The book retails for $19.95. Iíll be selling autographing copies at The Fish Snifferís ISE booth in the fishing building (booth No. 3234) from January 9 - 12. If you wonít be attending the show, you can call (800) 748-6599 and order your copy directly from Brooke at Fish Sniffer headquarters and sheíll mail you out a copy!