PDA

View Full Version : Los Vaqueros 01-15-14

Fisherman209
01-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Four of us arrived around 745 and checked in with the bait shop. We were told the south cove is the best bet for bank fishing at the moment. This is the cove when you first see the water line as you drive in. Drove over to the south cove and had our lines in the water by 800. We were all fishing within 20-30 feet of each other and we all had two rods each in the water. We fished from 800 to 1PM

A few of us threw different combinations of lures in and didn't get any hits. After about 45 minutes, one of my buddies gets a hit on garlic PB and fish on. About 10 minutes after that another buddy gets a hit on a red Power egg and it was fish on. It took about another 45 minutes when my buddy heard his drag tear out. His fishing pole fell off the tackle box and was waving bye, bye to its owner on its way into the water. He ran after the pole and snatched it before it went in and the fight was on. It looked like it was going to be a ten pounded by the looks of his 4 foot ultra light rod. It wasn't ten pounds but it was certainly a nice fish. It ended up being the big on that you can see in the picture below.

The results....five hours of fishing....three fish. I was personally skunked for the day. I have been to LV four times and I have only caught one trout. Oh well, I'm just glad some people in the group caught something. I'm told you can have good luck at this place by renting a boat and trolling. Might have to make a run out there next week and troll it!1861918620

fish_junky
01-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the report. Looks like some nice chunky fish you have there.

fresnofisher
01-17-2014, 09:40 AM
You should have rented a boat. I think it might have been half off. I remember someone said Tuesdays is half off but also i read Tuesday to Thursday. An extra $30 to fish and troll and cover more ground.

I got skunked out there my last time too.