PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Jigging at Pyramid Advice?

Jeepman775
01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
I have the bug for Pmid. Thanks for all you guys' advice. It has been super helpful. Thanks to you guys I have gotten a few trout out there. The last time I was there I was watching some guys vertical jigging and absolutely wrecking shop.

I have never jigged and was wondering technique, patterns, and all that. How they are different at Pyramid if at all compared to regular trout jigging. Basically a quick here, why, how, when, what, where? Ha ha.

Captain Compassion
01-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Due to there agressiveness and habit of staying near the bottom LCT are easy targets for vertical jigging. Perhaps no other technique is more deadly on this lake. Most of all you will need a good fish finder. The fish will be near drop offs, submerged rises. Submerged rocks and tufa and shore line cliffs. Popular areas are around the mushroom south of Warrior, Between Pelican and Windless Bay. Outside the bouys at the nets. In the south the area betwen Blockhouse and Popcorn. Across the lake there are the cliffs at Hells Kitchen. Jigs, Grubs, Gibbs Minnows, Kastmasters all work well. This being said it is my belief that bringing up LCT from depths greater than 40 or so feet usually kills the fish especially in warmer water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJFNTz9JXR8

CC

Jetspray
01-17-2014, 06:36 AM
A good fish finder to get the depth is a must, also a good line counter reel (to set presentation). Colors change each day, if something does not work change to something else. Keep fishing.......Jetspray

Jeepman775
01-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to pick up some jigs before I go out there next time. Anything I should look for in particular? I think I have a few Gibbs, but that is it. I hear tell of jigging the hot springs as super productive. How does one ascertain such a thing?