PDA

View Full Version : Amador advise

redneckpunk
01-18-2014, 09:09 AM
My sister and bro-inlaw took my niece to Amador camping and fishing this weekend and I need a little "direction" to send them to pit them in some fish. Had I known, thats where we would have ended up with the boat to help them out but alas we ended up on dirty D. And since ive never fished Amador I can only give avise ive read on here. They dont have a boat and will be banking it. Any advise on a good spot? He's got basic trout gear for bait and a few kastmaster and mepps to through. Hes not a hard core angler but can follow directions and is willing to put in some time. PM me if you dont want to blow up any spots. Just hoping to put my niece on something bigger than the 1lb planters shes caught in the past.

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
01-18-2014, 09:22 AM
pm sent fool :banana:

BigBass77
01-18-2014, 12:26 PM
As for my advice, I would advise them to float worms and power bait. Most of the fish are near the shore so that shouldn't have to cast far. Anything they catch should be better than any DFW planter.

ncreys
01-18-2014, 04:00 PM
hey redneck....it might be too late but here goes. first, I havent fished amador since, I think mid october or first of november, but I would try to maybe fish the corner of the dam when you first drive in or that corner of the shoreline. it might be pretty steep now because of the low water.

I usually throw out a nice 4 ft. leader, float some white pb or a couple of white powereggs and don't throw out too far. the white stuff is just what worked for me last time,but like I said its been awhile,tell them not to be afraid to switch up colors or mix powerbaits.

I also put a couple of power eggs with a trout worm on a #8 to #12 single egg hook and float that; also I like to give the line some movement every once in a while. throw on some scent, if he has anything in his tackle box. hope they catch something.:thumbup:

redneckpunk
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Passed along to my sis just waiting for her pics. As far as near the dam, she said it was lined up all to wall with fisherman at sun up today so they were going to try and find other spots.

In a side note, got my first fih of the year this evening. Well, second, but the first was a ditch pickle that spit the hook next to the boat while moonwalking away from me

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk