PDA

View Full Version : 7-16,17  tomales bay weekend

65whaler
07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
finally replaced enough electronics on my johnson 70hp to get out fishing. (it was the timer base all along). saturday morning, after getting the part put in at lawsons (thanks willy), i jumped over the bar and went around to bird rock ... since i was all the way up there. scratched up a decent ling and went home. picked up my brother, my nephew and my son, ran all the way back up 1/2 mile north of hog island. the 4 and 5 year olds jigged up a couple jack smelt, which we imediately put on a leader and weighted barrel swivel with a hoochie on the head. my brother hooked into a fun but heartbreaking monster of an angel fish. looked just like a giant - giant halibutt until i got the net out. made for a fun half hour. kept the kids awake.

sunday went outside to mclures, kehoe and elephant to beg for salmon. i, me, myself ... lost ... a nice one. i'm sure it was the fishe's fault. 15 minutes later my mate hooked into another nice one which we boated - 19 pounds. nice fish. fished all day without another take down.

nogimmies
07-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Well getting the boat engine repaired sounds like most of the battle.
Good that you got out and had some line tuggin.
I'm heading for Duxbury in the A.M.
Hope I have better luck there than my last outings out of Bodega.
Hope to Whackem in the Am
Nogimmies---out