PDA

View Full Version : The Fat Lady Is About To Sing

Waterdog
01-21-2014, 06:36 PM
This waterfowl season will end this weekend. Been a lousy season for me. I am glad I didn't pay my $$$ for rice blinds this year. Only went out one time for nada. I may go out and hunt the bay Sat or Sun but I am having second thoughts. It's a lot of work to get the boat ready and drive 70 miles just to watch a nice sun rise. More than likely the birds will be rafted up in the middle of the bay and I won't get a shot.
Hunting to me is no longer about getting limits and the number of shots I take. It is about the total experience, being out there with my lab and watching him work. Sharing good times with friends, having a hot cup of good coffee before shooting time, just being out in nature and watching natures wonders. Getting ducks is just extra but I like to go out thinking I at least have a chance to get a couple ducks. This weekend with the blue bird weather and temps in the 70's I think it is doubtful I'll get a shot or my dog will get a retrieve. I like going out there and making memories. I really want to go one last time this season but I just don't know......
If any of you go out duck hunting this weekend have fun make some great memories and may the duck Gods smile upon you. Good hunting, good luck and be safe.

BigUnInDaBoat
01-21-2014, 08:40 PM
I was so busy this year that I did not even buy stamps. Glad I did not, had some good opportunities to hunt some good spots this year, just did not bring myself to spend the $ and do it. I think with this dry weather even spring turkey will suck.

K-15
01-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Remember too guys, those shell's will still be good next year, no reason for the hail Mary's....enough of that crap every shoot day, respect the resource, have fun,be safe. Mike

monkey916
01-24-2014, 07:25 PM
good luck you guys... as K-15 said because its the last weekend don't start scraping now... shells can still be used... as K-15 said... be careful more this weekend because hunters are going to shoot high/low/everything in between... be safe... watch for dogs and hunters... get'em boys...