PDA

View Full Version : PIZZA Thread !!....

FishbucketII
08-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Felt like Pizza today.

In the last yr I've learned to make it from scratch. Takes 5 min on the dough. Let rise an hour. punch,make circle,top with what ya like ...Bingo.
18 mins in the oven.

Today was too hot to make it in the oven. So I tried the BBQ. ;)

It's ALIVE !!
when it starts to breath in the center.. it's ready. :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/IMG_2288.jpg

I was kind-of worried about the stone getting to hot and burning the botton of the pie. So I had the front and back burners at med. and the middle at low.
It worked out ok. the bottom did have a little burning but just in patches.
Oh, yeah... if your going to do this. Burn the BBQ off first. This pie was good. But, everytime you put it to your mouth it smelt like chicken. ;D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/IMG_2289.jpg

montev
08-16-2009, 07:51 AM
That looks good!!!

crank_bait
08-16-2009, 08:05 AM
man....now i'm hungry!!

FishbucketII
08-16-2009, 08:07 AM
sorry... I dont deliver.. [smiley=teaseku9.gif]

;D

Whoopbass
08-16-2009, 08:22 AM
That looks fantastic.
I love the taste of bread when its cooked on the barby and could only imagine what a pizza would taste like.

TS5655
08-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh man, that looks so good!!

TS

żżż
08-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Yum! But you really should move this to the Recipes board... :)

FishbucketII
08-16-2009, 09:23 AM
It's not a recipe....

I'm showing off. [smiley=bis2vx.gif]

And this is the board to do that. [smiley=fire0dw.gif]

YakMotor
08-16-2009, 06:51 PM
I like pizza on the BBQ too ... using the same stone I think you have.* I found a layer of foil between the grill and the stone helps even the heat a bit, but on mine (a two burner) I still have to rotate the pizza about a third turn a couple times starting at about 3/4 the way through.* I do this quickly as I found if I leave the top up for too long my thick* topping doesn't get done when the crust is ready.

I start by removing the pepperoni from a frozen Tombstone then add mushrooms, tomatoes, feta cheese, sliced black olives, diced onions or shallots, then a layer of shredded cheese then the pepperoni goes back on.* The top's done when the pepperoni gets close to crispy.* Oh, before decorating the pizza on the cold stone I sprinkle the stone with corn meal from a old salt shaker.* Corn meal keeps the crust from sticking and makes rotating it, using tongs, easy.

Double_D
08-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Looks good!

kokaneemart.com
08-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Nice looking pizza!

I have been doing BBQ pizza for a couple of years and I enjoy making my own dough (Homer says...Doh!* ::)* *). It is really excellent with the home grown tomatoes and basil from the garder this time of year.

Anyway, if pressed for time, Trader Joes makes a really decent dough for @ $2 and it is easy to use. Another tip is to put parchment paper on the stone under the dough to keep it from burning. This is the stuff your aunt used (and still does) under her cookies for baking in the oven. It can be found in the baking isle at the store. I remove it @ 3-4 minutes left so the bottom gets a bit more crusty and it is delicious.

When I make my own from scratch I use a bit less yeast than is called for and it does not raise up as much thus making a flatter, crispy crust. My next purchase is going to be a wood fired pizza oven...can't wait!

You don't deliver?* :-?* *Oh well...enjoy!* ;D

FishbucketII
08-17-2009, 01:39 AM
We were looking at buying a house last yr. (didnt go thru).
The second thing I was going to build in the backyard was a Pizza Oven. ;)

I already do the cornmeal. and put it on the board when i roll out the dough. It makes it not stick when the peel slides under for the trip to the oven.
I'll have to try the Foil and Parchment trick.
Thanks for the tips.

Now to finish the leftovers for lunch ! :D

żżż
08-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Been doin' pizza on the barbie for some time - and it's the next best thing to wood-fired. If you have a wood-fired bbq there's almost no need for a wood oven but I'd still love to have one in my back yard! :)

Trader Joe's makes good pizza dough - we use it when we want impromptu pizza. When I make my own dough I use bread dough. Makes a difference in the amount of chewiness you get. If you cut the yeast amount by half and let the dough proof in the fridge overnight you get a better flavor in the crust as well.

Rusty_Hooks
08-17-2009, 04:01 AM
[movedhere] Bite Me II Campfire Board [move by] Rusty_Hooks.

Fishbucket.....this is a testament to finding the new barbecue grill that fits the pizza stone ;)

That really looked good...so I moved it in with all the other cooks ;)

montev
08-19-2009, 02:39 AM
It's not a recipe....

I'm showing off.* * [smiley=bis2vx.gif]*

And this is the board to do that.* * [smiley=fire0dw.gif]

Looks like the recipe board to me.... :D

Hlawatyr
10-17-2009, 01:11 PM
;)Awesome report love to bake pizza on the BBQ, always has a great flavor enjoy, :)

fishing925
10-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Every time we go camping with the kids I always bring a box of costco personal pizza. If you could just see the looks of the kids eyes when I pull it out and put it in the grill. Try that out, :) and trust me your going to be every kids best friend.