PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestion on how to cook my koke dinks?

EddieTee
05-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi sniffers,
I was just wondering how to cook some koke dinks that I brought home with me from fishing Pardee yesterday. First time fishing for them and first time cooking them. I would think fillets would be out of the question ;D BBQ, fry any suggestions would help.
Thanks
Eddie Tee

stonesfan
05-24-2009, 10:19 AM
EddieT, My wife takes the small ones, seasons to taste, rolls in
Panko Bread Crumbs and Pan Fries them.............Yummie...... [smiley=chowtime.gif]

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

P.S. One reason why I Fish Berryessa, Much Bigger Kokes..... 8-)

tortuga
05-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Throw them on a grill after you marinade them with some garlic and cilantro...or teriaki and brown sugar...or with a little lemon salt...oh heck they are good just about any way you cook them. IMHO kokanee is by far the tastiest freshwater fish!!!
Tortuga

TroutWagon
05-24-2009, 11:20 AM
butterfly them and salt, pepper and paparika - pan fry them and top them of with a garlic - olive oil - fresh basil and capers sauce. Just like tortuga said they are good anyway you do them.

Dwnrgr22
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I'd fillet, no matter the size, put them on the bbq with a little olive oil and butter - mmm. However, a koke cooked any way is the best eating.

kokaneemart.com
05-24-2009, 04:25 PM
ET,

I like to filet the small ones and bread them in panko crust and fry them as the main ingrediant for fish tacos. These, with sliced cabbage, dill sauce, some chopped tomatoes and some good salsa and a slice of lime is an awesome taco!!!!

They go pretty far this way also as one split filet is food for a real taco.

Don't forget the Negro Modelo!!! :D

GutHookd
05-26-2009, 12:28 PM
There was a thread on here a while ago about pressure cooking Kokes right in the jar. Sounded really good and convenient. If you have a PC'r I'd try that.

flatliner
05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
One you gotta try!!!!!
Put the filets in a food processer grind up, put that in large bowl, add the following to taste. garlic, ortega diced jalopenas, onion, salt, juice from 2 lemons, one egg, Crushed Ceasar Crutons mix together real good and make into patties, then pan fry.
I did this about 3 years ago with Capt. Ken and crew and made some ausom Koke Cakes as we called them.

EddieTee
05-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks Everyone
Eddie Tee :)

murph
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
mmmm that all sounds good, especially the koke cakes, gotta try that, yeat its hard to go wrong however you usually fix your fish is gonna be good, good luck!! ;)

uncle_dean
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
SMOKE EM