PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 2/22/14

Aaron_21
02-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, new member here! Love all of the useful info you guys put on here. Anyways...I'm taking my father up to berryessa on 2/22 in my boat, to hopefully bring some trout home. We will also be going after bass as well. It has been a while since I have been up there, so i'm not sure on locations for what fish, but I have heard it's hit or miss lately. Should be a nice day on the water if all else fails. Any tips would be greatly appreciated by my father and I! Thanks guys!

Fish on!

luckyraider
02-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Weve been at Berryessa twice in the last week and a half. Its tough this time of year. If your coming from the east bay you may want to reconsider. Its very slow at Berry right now, 1 fish in the boat is a successful day as far as trout. If your into winter bass they are hammering them if you know the spots and the baits. The water is muddy in some areas and green in others. The trout seem to like the clear water. Id head to San Pablo or one of those east bay lakes for decent planter action. If your looking for 1 or 2 quality fish then definatly give Berry a try. I havnt been to the south end of the lake but if there is some clearwater around theres a few biters. Also, welcome to the board. Very few people are fishing Berry right now so thats the reason no one has replied to your thread id guess. The lake is full of baitfish but its not planted with alot of rainbows like some of the other lakes so its a bit slow till the Kokanee mature in the spring. :pirate:

Aaron_21
02-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Yea, that sounds about right. My father likes to go after trout, but I will be targeting more bass than anything. Thinking I will start with a drop shot and move on to a crankbait...just gotta find the fish! We will be launching out of Pleasure Cove and go from there. Thanks for the info Luckyraider, I appreciate it. I'll reply back tomorrow evening and let you know how it goes.

Aaron_21
02-25-2014, 04:59 PM
You were right about the trout and water condition. Quite a bit of murky areas. I caught a few nice bass with a drop shot around the islands, but no trout action. It was a great day FOR fishing but mabye not at berry. All in all it was fun though.