PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pardee Trout Fishing 2-20-14

EastBayAnglers
02-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey Anglers, Arrived at lake pardee on the 17th and the fishing was horrible. The water is extremely low and their was some leftover trout in the mud hole but it was packed and they seemed to want nothing. The only people catching were 2 people and they were TAKING MORE THEN THEIR LIMIT. We went into the 18th the same way... Then the 19th rolled around and we headed to amador for the day i managed to catch a fish after an hour or so. They planted 400lbs by the spillway earlier that day. The last day was on the 20th before we packed up camp we decided to try the mud hole once more. We took some Kastmasters and headed out. I did not put every fish i caught in the video their was far to many to edit plus the video is longer then i wanted it to be... Enjoy Lake Pardee Trout Fishing 2-20-14 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2rAdDkrxLc)

WLShafor
02-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Awesome video thanks for sharing looks like catch and release good times.

"Wisdom begins in wonder." —Socrates

EastBayAnglers
02-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Glad you enjoyed the video.

PapaGreg
02-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Cool video, I especially like the retrieve and hit part! Did anyone turn the over-limit people in? I know the EBMUD rangers can and do write violations.

EastBayAnglers
02-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately we told the people at the marina after we were done fishing,They said it happens a lot. Their wasn't a ranger close by and i wasn't interested in missing the prime bite to tell on people who will continue to abuse the regulations. It is just unfortunate that everyone cant follow regulations and preserve our fishery's.

PapaGreg
02-22-2014, 05:10 PM
EBA, I know where you're coming from, and it does happen a lot there. I used to see a guy set-up on Tom Sawyer island and catch WAY over his limit, then some friends would show up a few hours later and they would do the same thing. I reported them, but don't know if they were ever busted. I do know he was cited for not having a fishing permit one day, and it was pretty cool, I think the ranger had an idea about the guy's habits and wrote him up.

Sonoramike
02-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Was out there today and holy crap. That tiny little cove on the right of the ramp was combat fishing at it finest!!!! Guys on each side shoulder to shoulder. Casting water bobbers at the guy across from Him literally within a couple feet of their toes. All for those little truck trout.

PapaGreg
02-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Sonoramike, saw that myself, did a drive-by and couldn't believe it! Guess some people have to get what they can on the week-ends.