PDA

View Full Version : BBQ'd Cabbage

yayafisherwoman
04-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Was wondering if anyone has heard of bbq'd cabbage? A friend at work said he cores a whole cabbage and places it aside. Then sautes some chopped bacon and onions in a skillet. After that is done he adds approximately 1c. of his favorite bbq sauce to the bacon and onions and stirs. This mixture then gets poured into the cavity left in the cabbage. He then places it on the bbq directly (med flame I'd assume and HOLE SIDE UP *::)) and cooks it till tender. It sounds amazing and I will try it soon.

YaYa

SuperDave
04-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I bet a stuffed cabbage roll variation of this with ground beef and bbq sauce would be killer.

sethonious
04-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Never done it with cabbage. But I have grilled treviso and then sprinkled it with Blue Cheese, which was pretty good. Also split a large head of romaine, spray it with the spray oil and grill the lettuce over a REALLY hot fire cut side down for a minute or two. Then dress it with ceasar and chovies, and that is a really good salad.

Grilling greens is tasty and easy, I bet the cabbage would totally work. Shoot grill the bacon and the onions too.

Farrier_Frank
04-07-2009, 05:54 AM
That does sound good. I know in Tibet, where little grows, cabbage is a mainstay and is used every which way from Sunday; often packed on Yaks for days on end it lasts longer than most foods. Think I'll buy a head today and give it a try on the grill. 8-)