PDA

View Full Version : Amador 2-25

PapaGreg
02-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Decided to hit Amador before the (hopefully) storm hits. Good choice, got a limit, but had to work for them. Started out near the dam and left after 2 hours of no bites and the junk in the water starting to foul my lines. Moved to the bank along the road towards the spillway, found a likely looking spot and set-up. Managed 2 over 3 hours and moved again, as the breeze was moving the floating junk my way again! Set up on a point near a small cove and finished the day there. Here's the info: 1 fish on white PE's, 1 fish on rainbow PB, 4 fish on silver/blue KM( 3 lost!), and 6 fish on gold KM, (4 lost:nunu5pn:)! No bites on nightcrawler under a bobber, but 2 guys next to me had 3 using that method when I left. As you can see, I kept changing bait and lures, nothing seemed to be "hot", at least not for me.:help:

I did see several limits landed, it just seemed like you had to be in the right spot at the right time:www_MyEmoticons_com!

Some boaters seemed to be doing good, others were so-so. A lot of boaters beached their craft and fished from various spots on the shore.

The workers burned the piles of wood that had been stacked-up around the lake.

And, like Kristy, I got sun burned:thumbdown:!

So, I got my fish fix before the storm, yeah:fishing1:!

mikeandkristy
02-25-2014, 06:40 PM
PG, I think you are right about avoiding the junk in the water. We were way back in the lake and it was much better with clearer water. Now it's going to get even more muddy after the storms. Today was beautiful though. I wore a short skirt and a t-shirt to work and it felt like spring. I even mowed the lawns after I got home and was sweating...IN FEBRUARY!?! We might be up there again this weekend but may go indoor skydiving instead. Hmmm I would rather go fishing though.
Kristy.

bankaroos
02-25-2014, 07:01 PM
PapaGreg, I fished today as well, with the storm forecasted for tomorrow. Anyway,I fish in the usual spot halfway towards the spillway. Like you, the first 2 hour nada. Between 8:15 and 9:30 landed 4 and left at 9:45. All on white power eggs, cast out about 5 yards and let it sink to the bottom.

PapaGreg
02-26-2014, 09:37 AM
bankaroos, I would have said hello if I knew you were there, sounds like you did well! Last few times I've been to Amador, the white pe's almost seem like kryptonite, they usually are very reliable. Kind of ironic, when I left the dam area was completeley clear of debris, probably would have been pretty good fishing there.

bankaroos
02-26-2014, 10:05 AM
PapaGreg, sounds like when the wind shifted it started moving those junks away from the dam. Yeah, a school must've swam in front of where I was after 8 because as I was putting the first fish on the stringer the 2nd rod went off. As far as the power eggs were concern, another sniffer adviced that if all else fail use garlic scent. Well, at least as the lake level rise it makes it easier for as bankers to get back up to top.

PapaGreg
02-26-2014, 11:10 AM
bankaroos, I usually use the garlic white pe's, just haven't had much luck with them at Amador past few trips. Prior to yesterday, I was getting most of the action on nightcrawlers about 3-4 feet under a bobber. Prior to the last storm, a guy fishing next to me off the dam was killing them by floating a crwler off the bottom. Once again, seems like being in the right place at the right time!!!!!