PDA

View Full Version : Black Bass

MontanaN8V
03-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Caught a nice one the other day, brought it home and filleted it out. took a bowl, put some bisquik in it, garlic salt, and pappy's seasoning. Egg washed the chunks, and then dredged in the bisquik. Fried them in canola oil in a cast iron skillet, then sprinkled pappy's on them when they came out on the plate/paper towel to drain. Made some veges, but the fish came out very good, and was ready in about 15 minutes. Kids loved it, and I can see keeping a few more eating size black bass more often.

shadbuster
03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Black bass is delicious I prefer it over trout, take a few home every year.

żżż
03-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Where did you catch your fish? I've found that lake bass taste better than delta bass. Could it be the water? :D

Spots are really tasty. Simply prepared by steaming, they are naturally sweet and very tender and flaky.

I'm told that the 'keeper size' spots in Oroville have the run of the lake. Might be a good place to practice personal slot limits. ;)

shadbuster
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah bass from the delta during the summer not so good :P, bass from cold waters seem to taste the best, there are plenty of lakes up in the foothills overrun with spots where you shouldn't feel guilty about taking a few bass home.

MontanaN8V
03-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Got mine at the deep water channel, in the port.