PDA

View Full Version : Not a building question but....

JB14
03-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Besides the obvious, what is the difference between 1 piece rod and a 2 piece rod? Do you lose sensitivity? Performance? Curious as I'm looking at a couple new rods and I don't know the answer.

redneckpunk
03-15-2014, 07:25 PM
For me, pre-boat, the difference was simply 1 piece was harder to pack around in the car or truck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkey916
03-15-2014, 07:49 PM
don't take this to the bank Jb... i heard the one pieces are a lot stronger... and more sensitive than the same exact rod in a 2 piece...and are less likely to snap in half casting... than a 2 piece... not sure that helped...

JB14
03-15-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm looking to do like 9' downrigger rods and everything is 2 piece. I've always been of the mindset that quality comes in 1 piece but I really don't know why.

monkey916
03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
it is a good question Jb... i did a lot of research when looking for a sturgeon rod on this very subject...the main things i learned... i posted above...but most everyone else is using 2 pieces for sturgeon...and im using 1 piece...all my other rods except the sturgeon rods are 2 pieces...no probs...maybe pm. one of the mods. and see if they know steves (sgs1)...website...just a thought...or maybe jetspray...

ghostfish_slayer
03-15-2014, 08:57 PM
in one piece 8 footers are easy... rods/blanks over 9 footers are a little more hard to get.. about 4-5 years ago the shipping prices went through the roof for anything 9 feet and longer.. blank manufacturers started fazing out the one piece 10 and 9 footers and went down to 8'10" to keep shipping packages under 9 feet and the costs down.. if you live by a rod blank place and can pick something up they usually still have a few laying around or call them you might get lucky but expect to pay up the u know what for anything longer then 9 foot to be shipped..