PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe toplining brown 3/29

Mack Tahoe
03-31-2014, 06:41 AM
Headed out for a evening toplining session, after plow snow all morning. Figure I wound test out my new flavor of home made lure = the wild rainbow
Pattern

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/evejy6ej.jpg

Trolling south shore in the shallow flats, the lake turned from a small crop to 3-4' white cap, so started trolling back toward the keys, and the rod with 400' set back start jumping, battle the Fiery brown in a misted the rolling boat, and was reward is beauty

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/jasa5avu.jpg

A 4.9 lber brown, best of this season,

Of course it was to released to live another day, hopefully becoming a trophy brown, but due to dillweeds that take,take take from the Tahoe fishery, browns are a dying breed. I would hope fishermen would be more
Restore minded about the waters they are fishing. They wonder why trophy size Tahoe browns are so hard to get, you take the little ones it is impossible to for the to get any bigger. They are plenty of macks for the bbq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gene St. Denis
03-31-2014, 07:47 AM
Great Job !!!! :banana: Hours on the clock Baby will Make it all add up !!!!!:salmon:The One Fish in Our dreams keeps us All Going !!!!! :yoda23uk: Keep it up you will see !!! You have to Believe in the Dream !!! We All Do !!!! gst

Kokamojoe
03-31-2014, 09:23 AM
Nice fish. I agree, it's all about responsible harvesting and only taking what you will eat. It doesn't matter if it's a brown, rainbow or lake trout. Follow the rules and teach others. Taking a couple browns a year doesn't constitute over harvesting or being called a dill weed. Taking a limit of browns every chance one gets would be foolish. By the way, there are more trophy browns than you realize, just not as easy to fool. Cheers

ktmquad
03-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Pretty cool to catch fish on lures you made. Nice Job! Good to see the brown swim away as well

Troutoholic
04-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Nice bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gene St. Denis
04-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Again, Nice Job !!! gst

Kokamojoe
04-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Yea, nice job. jjg

Gene St. Denis
04-07-2014, 04:51 AM