PDA

View Full Version : Barbless section opening

Sac/Striper/Slayer
04-29-2014, 10:05 AM
So is the barbless section closed until the 30th or is the 30th the last day it's closed then it opens on the 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHM
04-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Opens on the 1st.

SHM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ThatOneGuy?
04-29-2014, 07:31 PM
It's on the first but I highly doubt the shad will be up that far yet. Recent scout reports from my minions says that the shad are still moving slowly along not even past "Watt" yet if you know what I mean. I'm still partially fighting a cold so I won't be out there on the first but believe me; Shad isn't really on my mind. I'm after something else that pursues the silver bullets... I'm out to hunt that DD mommy again because as tradition goes, I catch a DD every year upon the shad entering the American! And it SHALL NOT BE BROKEN!:dwarf26cp: There will be blood because I've been spanked on the Sac and DWC too many times this year already....

LURKER916
04-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Sent u a pm Sac/stripe/slayer

Matt

Sac/Striper/Slayer
04-30-2014, 06:13 AM
It's on the first but I highly doubt the shad will be up that far yet. Recent scout reports from my minions says that the shad are still moving slowly along not even past "Watt" yet if you know what I mean. I'm still partially fighting a cold so I won't be out there on the first but believe me; Shad isn't really on my mind. I'm after something else that pursues the silver bullets... I'm out to hunt that DD mommy again because as tradition goes, I catch a DD every year upon the shad entering the American! And it SHALL NOT BE BROKEN!:dwarf26cp: There will be blood because I've been spanked on the Sac and DWC too many times this year alre....
I also am in search of large Striper and am going to nail one with live shad. My spots up top had fish for a while already last year and I've scouted and fish are there. They were there last year already this time of year. I probably missed a good three weeks of fishing cause I was "sure" there were no fish up top yet last year this time and I missed out a lot.

49erbassman
04-30-2014, 07:40 AM
getting them to bite is harder then finding them right now. Watched a 10#+ striper almost beach itself coming after a shad last weekend.

So many fish.....such little time

SHM
04-30-2014, 07:50 AM
getting them to bite is harder then finding them right now. Watched a 10#+ striper almost beach itself coming after a shad last weekend.

Yup. Finding them is easy, triggering a strike is the hard part. At least that was the story the last few days. Had a good blowup last night, nothing stuck.

SHM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sac/Striper/Slayer
04-30-2014, 08:20 AM
I have prob atleast 12 different colors of grubs and when they r not wanting to bite I throw an unusual color and it works more then not. Hint, fire cracker. No not a literal fire cracker. I had a very easy time up top last year for the 3 weeks I fished it. Like I said before though I shoulda started now or even a week earlier last year and would b doing the same but just waiting for it to open.

Livin4Fishin
04-30-2014, 08:58 AM
First post on here guys, I was around Watt/Gristmill yesterday and there was a guy with snorkle gear and he came down my way and i asked him what he saw and he said he only saw about 5-6 big shad hanging just below a shallow rapid section. i must have thrown 8 different color grub and jig combos at them but nothing... This is my first year shad fishing and I am determined to get at least one great day of fishing. I work about 5 minutes from sacramento bar and I take my lunch there everyday and I will be reporting as much as there is to report! Once i get my shad fishing down to a consistant non skunk status then I will move on to the ever so popular American River striper... This is a little harder than the pros on here make it seem but I am sure they took time to find the patterns places and times to slay. thanks for any tips and advice but as im sure like i have read on here the chase is half the fun and you guys wont give ALL the secrets and rightly so, its called fishing not catching... until you have put in enough time to go catching, not fishing! thanks guys and good luck to all!

49erbassman
04-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Great first post. Welcome to the board. Hope to see ya on the water.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
04-30-2014, 10:37 AM
First post on here guys, I was around Watt/Gristmill yesterday and there was a guy with snorkle gear and he came down my way and i asked him what he saw and he said he only saw about 5-6 big shad hanging just below a shallow rapid section. i must have thrown 8 different color grub and jig combos at them but nothing... This is my first year shad fishing and I am determined to get at least one great day of fishing. I work about 5 minutes from sacramento bar and I take my lunch there everyday and I will be reporting as much as there is to report! Once i get my shad fishing down to a consistant non skunk status then I will move on to the ever so popular American River striper... This is a little harder than the pros on here make it seem but I am sure they took time to find the patterns places and times to slay. thanks for any tips and advice but as im sure like i have read on here the chase is half the fun and you guys wont give ALL the secrets and rightly so, its called fishing not catching... until you have put in enough time to go catching, not fishing! thanks guys and good luck to all!

You also have to consider where they are in the water column. Many times I will be catching fish maybe 4 or 5 within twenty minutes then the bite stops for twenty mins then I would move my bobber up or down a foot to a foot and a half with the same grub then bam, nailing more fish.

49erbassman
04-30-2014, 11:19 AM
All things considered sometimes they just don't bite

calisoca
04-30-2014, 12:10 PM
One time I saw a shad. Just a heads up guys

49erbassman
04-30-2014, 01:11 PM
One time I saw a shad. Just a heads up guys

Was it at band camp??

ThatOneGuy?
04-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Was it at band camp??

No Way! I've seen a shad once... It was in BIG ANTT's cooler!

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Saw a couple guys fishing near the hatchery on my way to work across hazel this mrng. Was planning on going tonight but my babysitter fell through. Maybe tmrw after work

Livin4Fishin
05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I may have been one of those guys lol slow morning no bites

LURKER916
05-01-2014, 11:35 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/02/hu9ysana.jpg

Matt

49erbassman
05-01-2014, 12:57 PM
That looks like a fatty Matt?

LURKER916
05-01-2014, 02:51 PM
She was. Lotta fat females in the system.

Matt

CAL.NDN
05-01-2014, 02:52 PM
How many

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LURKER916
05-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I don't kiss and tell..... I'll text you brother.

Matt

CAL.NDN
05-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Lol OK

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

monkey916
05-01-2014, 03:46 PM
text me to... wait... pm me...:smile:

LURKER916
05-01-2014, 05:05 PM
I did!

Matt