PDA

View Full Version : Davis Lake Friday

Snifferman
05-26-2014, 08:03 AM
Went to Davis Lake early Friday -- left Colfax at 3:30 am -- and could have left 45 minutes earlier! Got in the water about 5:45 -- started trolling with Excel spoons and immediately hooked up with beautiful fat rainbows from 18 to 20 inches. Hot color for us was what my partner and I dubbed "Red dot lime" -- bright green with red dots. Everything was right on top -- the deepest fish we caught all day was at 8' on the rigger. Water temp was 59 degrees in the morning -- up to 63 when we left. Water was very clear and not many weeds. We caught most of our fish north of the island, out in the middle. The bite was good until about 10:30 -- then really slowed down. We changed to smaller lures (Dick Nites, Sockeye Slammers, #1 Needlefish) and caught a couple in the 14 inch range. Weather was cool in the morning (37 degrees) and warm in the afternoon (75). We launched the 21' Rogue Jet Coastal at Camp 5 with no problem -- Mallard Cove ramp was also open.

Captain Compassion
05-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Beautiful nice clean bows. What a wonderful day on Davis.

CC

Soulfisher
05-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Nice report! I haven't fished Davis yet, but would love to get up there this year at some point. I hear there are some really nice fish in there and your pics look great and make me want to get up there even sooner.