PDA

View Full Version : Has the big lady sung yet??

Wishnbfishn
06-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi AR Shad Fishermen and women,

I have not been able to do much shad fishing this year due to horrendous work hours and travel. I have a window of opportunity this Friday 6/27 through Sunday 6/28. Are there still shad in the river to be had? If so, what general areas and times of the day would you recommend?? I'd sure like to catch a shad or two before it is too late. I've always had success on the AR with very small pink jig heads with a champagne curly tail. Is that working this year?

Thanks all. Your input is much appreciated.

Wishn

49erbassman
06-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Morning or evening is best, your same jig set up is best. As for a spot it changes daily, you just gotta find the schools. Been two weeks for me but folks are still catching them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sac/Striper/Slayer
06-24-2014, 10:20 AM
She sung June 1st for me as far as it being worth it to even go out. Being tired at work cause I was out fishing till dark is only worth it when some numbers of fish are being caught.

49erbassman
06-24-2014, 11:54 AM
I stopped due to all the damn lice and litter all over but still know people catching them as of last week

Sea Shift
06-24-2014, 09:27 PM
I still want one.

AR tAG
06-24-2014, 11:39 PM
She will be croaking soon. There are still being caught. Try sunrise bridge and upriver for best chance.

mike22ca
06-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Damn. I wanted to save some for shark bait. I went a couple times and caught up to 15ish fish at Verona and kept telling myself 'eh, I'll keep a couple next time'. In previous years I hit the american almost every evening after work but I didnt end up going this year because of the lack luster bite. I guess I screwed myself out of some free bait :(

fat fish
06-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Damn. I wanted to save some for shark bait. I went a couple times and caught up to 15ish fish at Verona and kept telling myself 'eh, I'll keep a couple next time'. In previous years I hit the american almost every evening after work but I didnt end up going this year because of the lack luster bite. I guess I screwed myself out of some free bait :(
Cheer up. At least u didn't go and get skunked when it counts and u didn't pay $5 and gas. U just missed a crappy bite. U probably can still get a few tho.

49erbassman
06-25-2014, 03:10 PM
It was a crappy bite but plenty of fish caught if you put in time

LURKER916
06-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Im heading out tomorrow after the USA match. Will report back if I find any.

AR tAG
06-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Seen at least a dozen pulled out this evening. They there. Heard word of mouth they still at feather too!

Wishnbfishn
06-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Yep, they're still in there. Not big numbers, but I got three at Sailor Bar last evening. I'm hoping they will keep me interested and in the water until salmon season opens.

Wishn

fishingfrieda
06-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Yep, they're still in there. Not big numbers, but I got three at Sailor Bar last evening. I'm hoping they will keep me interested and in the water until salmon season opens.

Wishn
Spoken like a true addict!