PDA

View Full Version : Real invisibility. Are the Fluorocarbon lines really invisible in water?

JoeReal
06-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Here's scientific invisibility illustrated of solid and liquid materials mixed together and that have the same refractive index, and thus they become invisible to our eyes.

The Fluorocarbon coated lines claimed a refractive index the same as that of water. When they first came out, they were very pricey, and bought them anyway. I was a bit disappointed that I can see the lines when dipped in an aquarium. Then I called the manufacturer who claimed that it may be visible to us, but it is invisible to the fish. I haven't seen my aquarium fish bumped into the line.

So now I am beginning to doubt the claims of invisibility of these Fluorocarbon lines. Has anyone else tested them in the aquarium and tested them if the fish bumps into them?

As far as I know, based on science, the "invisibility" based on having the same refractive index is for real, but so far, not so with the Fluorocarbon lines. I need your opinions and the other tests.

Now that these fishing lines are not that much more expensive than the other fishing lines, I would experiment with different brands.

This Jaw-Dropping Video Reveals How To Make Things Invisible (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/26/how-make-something-invisible-video_n_5533429.html?utm_hp_ref=science)